Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: Amazon's playing games with my new Kindle!  (Read 844 times)  

Offline GirlFriday

• Love One Another
    • View Profile
Amazon's playing games with my new Kindle!
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »
I am furious with Amazon. I ordered the new Oasis. I wasn't one of the special people who was able to get it delivered on release day. My delivery day was November 21st. Fine. But then on Tuesday I got an email saying they were able to move my delivery date up to today, Hurrah!!! I was very excited! But guess what? This afternoon I get an email saying "Sorry, there has been a delay" and my delivery date was changed to November 30th! I was livid. Amazon said they are sorry, but there's nothing they can do. They had a new shipment come in but it sold out before they got to me.  :'(
Proud owner of a Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, and Phone X

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon's playing games with my new Kindle!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »
I am furious with Amazon. I ordered the new Oasis. I wasn't one of the special people who was able to get it delivered on release day. My delivery day was November 21st. Fine. But then on Tuesday I got an email saying they were able to move my delivery date up to today, Hurrah!!! I was very excited! But guess what? This afternoon I get an email saying "Sorry, there has been a delay" and my delivery date was changed to November 30th! I was livid. Amazon said they are sorry, but there's nothing they can do. They had a new shipment come in but it sold out before they got to me.  :'(
Yeah I'd be pretty ticked too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
Wow! That really stinks. Not so much that it's not early, but that they pushed back your original delivery date on top of it all. It wouldn't hurt to voice your displeasure. They may give you a bit of a credit. Back when Alexa was new, I got on the list for one and my delivery date was supposed to be in May 2015. It got pushed back several weeks. I didn't complain, but did send an email just asking when it was arriving. The reply gave the date as mid-June, and knocked $10 off the price. (and since I got it at the introductory price of $99, that made it just $89 for me. :D )

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Offline Freya Moore

• London
  • Professional Academic Writers
    • View Profile
    • British Academic Writers
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 02:06:51 AM »
WOW!
Get the best Assignment Writing Service UK at a low-price.

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 04:01:25 AM »
I ordered an Oasis and cover from Amazon.com.mx. Both were to be delivered between Nov. 3rd and Nov. 6th. The Oasis arrived on Nov. 2nd and I got an email the same day saying the case would come, maybe, in December. My Oasis went back to Amazon.com.mx on Nov. 2nd. On the bright side, the Amazon Kindle Oasis case doesn't sound like a winner, anyway. I would have thought Amazon would have learned from the Voyage Origami case.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 05:02:15 AM »
I would definitely call and ask to be escalated to a supervisor.  They should at least honor the initial delivery date.  Be polite but firm and insist that changing to an earlier date and then pushing it back beyond the original date is just wrong.

Offline spiritedcharm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 05:19:03 AM »
This feels like what happened to me with the cover. Mine was due to arrive on release day. Before it shipped I changed the payment method on the order and they pushed my delivery date to November 27! Jerks

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 05:25:32 AM »
This feels like what happened to me with the cover. Mine was due to arrive on release day. Before it shipped I changed the payment method on the order and they pushed my delivery date to November 27! Jerks

FWIW, it's often the case that if you modify the order before it ships, that changes the shipping date. This could include changing either payment or delivery method. It's like it cancels the original order and makes a new one with the later date. I agree that is seems not completely fair, but I think "jerks" is a bit strong.

OTOH, if I'm understanding the OP, in his case he didn't do anything. Just got an email one day that it would come sooner, and the next that it would be much later. That's really unacceptable.

Suggest contacting Kindle CS, escalating as needed -- firmly but politely, of course -- and if they can't get you your kindle by at least the originally promised date, press them -- again, firmly but politely -- for some sort of account credit. In my case, I'd pull out all my cards: customer since 1997, prime member since 2008, kindle owner since 2008, high volume book purchaser -- just check the account. Keep clear notes of all discussions and take names of anyone you talk to. If using chat, save the transcript.

Last resort: send it all to jeff@amazon.com

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline GirlFriday

• Love One Another
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 11:54:26 PM »
It gets better! On Thursday I got an email saying my delivery date would be revised and it would be here on the 15th. Then today I got an email saying it has shipped and will be here tomorrow! I haven no idea what's going on. I've never had this musical delivery date thing before....
Proud owner of a Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, and Phone X

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 05:28:51 AM »
It gets better! On Thursday I got an email saying my delivery date would be revised and it would be here on the 15th. Then today I got an email saying it has shipped and will be here tomorrow! I haven no idea what's going on. I've never had this musical delivery date thing before....

I suspect that, prior to release, they pre-staged a bunch of units at various warehouses across the country, based on the demand they expected in various areas. Now that they're actually on sale, it might be they're getting more orders than expected in some places, and fewer in others. So they're moving around the stock so as to fullfill the orders as efficiently as possible. It's also possible some were reserved for various big box stores that sell them, but then those stores didn't order as many as expected so now there's stock available for direct orders.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline LauraB

• midwest, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
This thread reminds me of when we were waiting for the first version of the kindle, the one with the roll bar. Everyone posting about delivery dates months away and the emails with conflicting notifications, and people trying to figure out how changing payments or deliveries moved expected dates around.  Ah,yes, the good old days. Didnt we do it up hill both ways in the snow too  ;D
Books read in 2010: 43 2011: 42 + the Bible 2012: 60; books read 2013:56*

Offline kerrycrow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 08:46:35 AM »

I had something similar happen was supposed to be the 21st, then the 15th, and now tomorrow.  We are leaving tomorrow afternoon to be away for the week.  Wanna bet that Kindle is delivered just minutes after we leave?

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 09:08:15 AM »
The same thing is happening with my Echo Spot orders. The date was pushed back from 12/19 to 12/25. Two days later, the delivery date is back to 12/19.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook