Need a new Case? Save $30 with code SPARKLE30 + Free Shipping at Case-Mate.com! Offer ends 12/15.

Author Topic: I just spent more money for the old Oasis  (Read 358 times)  

Offline stevene9

• View Profile
I just spent more money for the old Oasis
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:40 AM »
I just spent more money for the old Oasis at Amazon than you can buy a new one. My wife and I each have an Oasis I. Hers has been having some problems, but not enough to call Amazon. I don't like the new Oasis at all. So I found that Amazon was still selling the old version of the Oasis I (only wifi and with specials). If one of ours goes bad in the future, I wanted an extra. I don't like the way Amazon is headed with the Oasis II if it is any indication. so I paid Amazon about $40 more for another Oasis I.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VINDBJK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steve

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: I just spent more money for the old Oasis
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »
Recognize that the first Oasis came with a cover.

The current model does NOT so if you want the Amazon cover that will add $45 - $60. There are third party options beginning to become available for significantly less.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline stevene9

• View Profile
Re: I just spent more money for the old Oasis
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:29:36 PM »
Recognize that the first Oasis came with a cover.

The current model does NOT so if you want the Amazon cover that will add $45 - $60. There are third party options beginning to become available for significantly less.

Good point. Thanks.

Steve