Author Topic: Any reviews of NEW Echo  (Read 427 times)  

Offline maries

• View Profile
Any reviews of NEW Echo
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »
Does anyone have the new Echo yet?   If so, what do you think of it so far?  Thanks.

Offline talleylynn

• Illinois
  • member 3486
    • View Profile
Re: Any reviews of NEW Echo
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
I would also like to hear from anyone who had the original echo and has bought the second generation. Are the speakers really that much better?

I own the original echo and my hearing is bad enough that I have trouble understanding what Alexa is saying. Can anyone tell me if the speakers in the second generation improve Alexa's voice enough to warrant buying a new generation. I've seen reviews on music in the new generation, both good and bad, but no one has talked about speech.

Offline MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 12:13:21 PM »
I have the original Echo and the new one arrived on Friday. It doesn't seem a whole lot different, other than the look. My daughter took the old one upstairs to use while cleaning her room, so I haven't heard the two of them side by side yet, music wise, but when I played it yesterday, it sounded good. I can't say it sounded a lot different though. Just my opinion. When I get the other one back downstairs, I'll have them play the same song one after the other so I can hear if there is a difference.

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Offline talleylynn

• Illinois
  • member 3486
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 01:40:55 PM »
But what about Alexa's speech? Is it noticeably clearer?

Offline MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 06:09:45 AM »
But what about Alexa's speech? Is it noticeably clearer?

Not that I could tell, but it is more sensitive. For instance, if I have the original Alexa playing music at level 8, I have to shout really loud for Alexa to hear me, but this one, I can speak in almost a normal tone--maybe slightly louder. Also, the bass seems stronger. It's rattling some of my Christmas decorations on my mantle. It took me a minute to figure out where the noise was coming from. Turned out it was a metal shade that goes over a candle holder that rattles. It's not even bass guitar, but men singing (The guy who sings bass in Pentatonix, for example.) so I guess that's proof they did something different. lol

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page