KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Print copy + free ebook. How does it work?  (Read 192 times)  

Online Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Durban, South Africa
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
Print copy + free ebook. How does it work?
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:25:46 AM »
If a reader buys a print version and is entitled to a free ebook through BookMatch, are they reminded of this? How many readers take up this offer? How does it show up on the author's dashboard?
I've sold a few print versions recently, but there are no free ebooks showing on my dashboard.

Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Online BillyDeCarlo

• View Profile
    • Billy DeCarlo, Author
Re: Print copy + free ebook. How does it work?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:57:05 AM »
When customers to go the print version of your book there's some fine print on the crowded amazon page that lets them know the ebook is free, and I think after they buy the print book if they go to the kindle page for the book it will mention it as well, but it's certainly not made obvious. i don't think many folks take advantage of it. But I do feel that if they paid for the print book, they should get the ebook for free, so I always Kindle Match at $0.00.
SPED-BOT, DroidMesh Book I: 5%

LOVE-BOT, DroidMesh Book II: 0%

DEATH-BOT, DroidMesh Book III: 0%
Vigilante Angels Series Books I, II, III all available on Amazon!
Billy DeCarlo | Website/blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Amazon | BookBub | Goodreads | LibraryThing | Pronoun | Patreon

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
A
When customers to go the print version of your book there's some fine print on the crowded amazon page that lets them know the ebook is free, and I think after they buy the print book if they go to the kindle page for the book it will mention it as well, but it's certainly not made obvious. i don't think many folks take advantage of it. But I do feel that if they paid for the print book, they should get the ebook for free, so I always Kindle Match at $0.00.

Yes, all my print books are also matched at $0.00. But I've never seen anything on my dashboard to say a free match has been taken up.

Online Anma Natsu

• Texas
    • View Profile
    • Anma Natsu
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:44:02 AM »
For the ones I've done, it usually tells me at the time of purchase/check out with a "get your free one now" type thing.  There is also a page you can go to to see all your current ones.  I visit it randomly to see if any print books I've bought have been put on Matchbook - I've even had some I bought 10+ years ago pop up there LOL

Online Puddleduck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »
For the ones I've done, it usually tells me at the time of purchase/check out with a "get your free one now" type thing.  There is also a page you can go to to see all your current ones.  I visit it randomly to see if any print books I've bought have been put on Matchbook - I've even had some I bought 10+ years ago pop up there LOL

Yeah, I check periodically, but not often because not many books do it (not just free, for any discounted price). My current list is pretty much a handful of Georgette Heyer and Discworld books. I just checked it recently, hoping an indie book I got in paperback would be listed, but nope.

• Durban, South Africa
    • View Profile
    • www.just4kix.jimdo.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »
I think most of mine were bought from CS through expanded distribution, or bought through Amazon.UK, in which case they wouldn't qualify for BookMatch.