KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: KDP Tax Information for a Canadian publishing with a Corp.  (Read 123 times)  

Offline Darius Jung

• Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
KDP Tax Information for a Canadian publishing with a Corp.
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
Hi there, I'm hoping there's some other Canadian self-publishers out there who can help me with a couple of the more obscure parts of the KDP Tax information process.  I am publishing through my own incorporated company (100% owned by me) in Ontario and I totally operate within Canada.  There are two things I'm confused about:

1. Limitation on Benefit: What do I select for this? I'm guessing it's "Company that meets the ownership and base erosion test" since the company's 100% owned by me, but all the legalese out there makes me less than sure about my answer.  Any help here would be welcome!

2. Foreign TIN: Since I am doing this as a corporation, do I enter my Canada Revenue Business Number here?

Many thanks in advance!
Fantasy and supernatural horror author - currently working on a YA historical fiction, pseudonym TBD

Offline Glynn Stewart

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Faolan's Pen
Re: KDP Tax Information for a Canadian publishing with a Corp.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
Hi there, I'm hoping there's some other Canadian self-publishers out there who can help me with a couple of the more obscure parts of the KDP Tax information process.  I am publishing through my own incorporated company (100% owned by me) in Ontario and I totally operate within Canada.  There are two things I'm confused about:

1. Limitation on Benefit: What do I select for this? I'm guessing it's "Company that meets the ownership and base erosion test" since the company's 100% owned by me, but all the legalese out there makes me less than sure about my answer.  Any help here would be welcome!

2. Foreign TIN: Since I am doing this as a corporation, do I enter my Canada Revenue Business Number here?

Many thanks in advance!

It's been a while since I filled this out for our corp so I'm not 100% certain on your first question.

On your second question, you are correct that you should use your CRA BN as your foreign tax ID number.

Glynn Stewart | Faolan's Pen (Blog) | Twitter

Offline Darius Jung

• Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: KDP Tax Information for a Canadian publishing with a Corp.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:23:17 PM »
Thanks for your help! At least that solves one of my questions  :)
Fantasy and supernatural horror author - currently working on a YA historical fiction, pseudonym TBD