KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Inktera suspending D2D authors?  (Read 709 times)  

Online Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
Inktera suspending D2D authors?
« on: November 14, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »
From the email:
Inktera is temporarily suspending all eBook distribution.
We have received word from Inktera regarding some changes in progress, and we wanted to ensure that you knew what was happening, and why.

Over the past few months, Inktera has begun revamping their business model, in order to better serve the indie author community. These changes include an update to their sales platform.

Because of these updates and changes, Inktera is temporarily suspending sales for all books in their catalog.

Draft2Digital enjoys a good relationship with Inktera, and because so many of our authors use the service as part of their eBook distribution, they have asked us to let you know what was happening behind the scenes

Publishingand particularly independent and self-publishingis a constantly changing industry, and it's not unusual to see providers and services come and go, or to pivot and redefine themselves. Inketera has long been a great resource for authors, and will continue to be so.

We are happy to see that Inktera is improving their service, to serve the author community even better, and we look forward to seeing their success!

At this time, we have no projected date for when Inktera will resume distribution, but we will notify you the moment we have new information.

If you have any questions regarding Inketera's temporary suspension of distribution, please feel free to contact us at support@draft2digital.com.

Happy writing,
The Draft2Digital Team

Offline James Ward

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Tales of MI7
Re: Inktera suspending D2D authors?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
Considering Pronoun's recent demise, this looks, on the surface, like a negative development.

However, let's not forget that clause "... in order the better serve the indie author community." A good reason to be optimistic, maybe.

But not necessarily...

I actually contacted Inktera on Saturday (11th) about submitting one of my books. They got back in touch very quickly, and said they'd be happy to consider it. Now this.

And another thing. I'm on the Inktera mailing list. It seems odd that I heard the news from D2D first.

I suppose it's a case of wait and see. It's not impossible that they will contribute to this thread. They're quite a proactive company.

If so, it would be nice to know when the changes will be finalised, and when the company will re-open for submissions from indie authors.

J. J. Ward

Offline Mercedes Vox

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vox - Romance Provocateur
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:23:43 AM »
As clarification, Inktera has suspended sales of literally ALL books in their catalog, not just those from D2D.

Yesterday, I noticed that every book I clicked on, even those sold direct by a Big 5 imprint, were marked as currently unavailable for sale.

I checked again a few minutes ago, and the website is down ("We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.")

Mercedes Vox | Website | Twitter

Romance provocateur. Manic stealth author. Fearless gourmet. An epicurean anarchist relentlessly in pursuit of a foolproof cure for ennui. Committed (thrice).

Offline James Ward

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Tales of MI7
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:27:37 AM »
Probably Putin again.

J. J. Ward