KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Erotica now showing as Sponsored Products in AMS?  (Read 644 times)  

Offline Modi Gliani

• View Profile
Erotica now showing as Sponsored Products in AMS?
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:14:07 PM »
How is it that blatant erotica is now showing as Sponsored Products in AMS, when it's explicitly against Content Guidelines, and yet other erotica seems to still be banned from AMS? Is there a change in Amazon policy underway? Or are there differences between the erotica showing as Sponsored Products and other erotica? I can't see any differences and it's a puzzle to me. If anyone has any ideas about this, please respond.

Online LMareeApps

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • L Maree Apps - Contemporary Erotic Romance... not your nana's bedtime stories...
Re: Erotica now showing as Sponsored Products in AMS?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:17:53 PM »
Only works categorised as Erotica get blocked from AMS ads.  Erotic Romance and other Genres with erotic content don't get blocked.  Erotica is its own genre with its own conventions.  Nearly every genre can contain works with graphic sex scenes - that doesn't make those stories Erotica.

Offline Modi Gliani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
Only works categorised as Erotica get blocked from AMS ads.  Erotic Romance and other Genres with erotic content don't get blocked.  Erotica is its own genre with its own conventions.  Nearly every genre can contain works with graphic sex scenes - that doesn't make those stories Erotica.

How does a book titled It Hurts, Daddy or something equivalent, with raw sex on nearly every page, qualify as "not erotica"? If you search for "erotic blahblah" you can find many of the books categorized by Amazon as "erotic blahblah" in AMS. I don't understand it. I hear what you're saying but I don't understand what I'm seeing. The same is true not only for "erotic blahblah" but also for books categorized as "erotica" by Amazon.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:50:05 PM by Modi Gliani »

Offline Going Incognito

• It's always the quiet ones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »
Huh, you're right. I see them, too. Books in the erotica cats and in the sponsored ads. Maybe they've lifted the 'no erotica' ban?

Online Dragovian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:53:34 PM »
When did Zon stop banning erotica that used "Daddy" in the title?  :o

Offline Going Incognito

• It's always the quiet ones...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 12:03:22 AM »
When did Zon stop banning erotica that used "Daddy" in the title?  :o

Maybe when they designed PageFlip? Maybe now that they don't have to actually count or pay they dont mind readers actually being able to find the dirty stuff?

Online LMareeApps

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • L Maree Apps - Contemporary Erotic Romance... not your nana's bedtime stories...
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 01:52:49 AM »
Huh, you're right. I see them, too. Books in the erotica cats and in the sponsored ads. Maybe they've lifted the 'no erotica' ban?

That would be nice.  If it's only a few ads though it could be that the books were in non-erotica categories when the ad was set up, then moved to the erotica category.  If that happens, you can't create new ads, but the existing one keeps serving - though I don't know for how long. 

Offline Gentleman Zombie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »

Online Herefortheride

• Chengdu
  • Loving every minute
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:25 AM »
I saw that cringe-worthy Daddy it hurts or whatever too. It actually bothered me a bit.

If I see it again I'll email Amazon.
Blood Cauldron (DoH book 3): 93%
H.C. Harrington

Online dgcasey

• Las Vegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »
I saw that cringe-worthy Daddy it hurts or whatever too. It actually bothered me a bit.

If I see it again I'll email Amazon.

I'm with you. We don't need that crap showing up in the AMS ads and I especially don't want them showing up on one of my book's pages.
In The Mist - The Chronicles of Wyndweir Book #2: 11%

City of Time: 29%

In The Beginning - Pale Riders, Inc. Book #1: 77%
War is coming. They think he can be their leader. He's not so sure.
D Glenn Casey | My author\\\'s blog | My artist\\\'s blog