KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Publishing with Kobo... KWL or KPO?  (Read 251 times)  

Offline The Bass Bagwhan

• Western Australia
  • Horror & Urban Fantasy... I think.
    • View Profile
    • Graeme Hague
Publishing with Kobo... KWL or KPO?
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:47:01 PM »
I'm comfortable with all the aspects of publishing apart from Kobo expecting metadata in Excell or ONIX format... that tricked me. Which means the "easy" option of Kobo Writing Life might be the way to go.

Do I lose any benefits by using KWL? ALL-in-all so far, I'm looking at 12-15 titles.

Thanks!
Author, freelance writer and editor, professional musician, recording engineer... published in Australia, the UK and Germany. So why am I poor? Oh, wait...
I'll be a writer... seemed like a good idea at the time

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
Re: Publishing with Kobo... KWL or KPO?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:31:17 AM »
I have zero idea what you're talking about. Is there any other way except KWL? KWL is direct, so what is this other thing? Probably something only open to tradepubs that we couldn't get access to anyway.

Offline The Bass Bagwhan

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
    • Graeme Hague
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 12:46:43 AM »
I have zero idea what you're talking about. Is there any other way except KWL? KWL is direct, so what is this other thing? Probably something only open to tradepubs that we couldn't get access to anyway.

It's maybe geared towards authors or publishers with hundreds of titles, but the threshold is "only a few" which suggested a hobby-writer level that might miss out on some promo features, etc. But judging by your advice, KWL is the go.

https://www.kobo.com/kobopublisheroperations

Thanks Patty. Always appreciate your take on things.
Author, freelance writer and editor, professional musician, recording engineer... published in Australia, the UK and Germany. So why am I poor? Oh, wait...

Offline Word Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 06:01:03 AM »
FROM KOBO:

How do I decide whether to use Kobo Writing Life or Kobo Publisher Operations? If you are familiar with terms like ePub, ONIX, and FTP, and have a large catalog of backlist titles, just fill out the Kobo Publisher Operations Form. Well review it and figure out the best way to make your eBooks available to Kobo readers everywhere.

Offline The Bass Bagwhan

• Western Australia
    • View Profile
    • Graeme Hague
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
FROM KOBO:

How do I decide whether to use Kobo Writing Life or Kobo Publisher Operations? If you are familiar with terms like ePub, ONIX, and FTP, and have a large catalog of backlist titles, just fill out the Kobo Publisher Operations Form. Well review it and figure out the best way to make your eBooks available to Kobo readers everywhere.

Yep, thanks, I saw this. I was kind of hoping to avoid the "we'll figure it out for you" thing. But if KWL works for Patty, I'm sure it'll work for me. Next it's Nook, I've already done Google Play, and it's going to have to be D2D for iBooks/Apple because Apple refuses to answer my Support query on GST registration for going direct.

Cheers.