Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?
KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Firmware Revisions List?  (Read 374 times)  

Offline kindlecollector

• View Profile
Firmware Revisions List?
« on: November 15, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »
Is there a firmware revisions list anywhere of the various firmware revisions for each Kindle e-ink reader model and what the revision changed or added.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Firmware Revisions List?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
It's not in a neat list or chart, but the info is in this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazon_Kindle

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline kindlecollector

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 11:39:31 AM »
Thanks Ann but not quite what I was looking for as no real list of all firmware revisions for each model Kindle e-reader.  Based on a Google search it apparently does not exist.

Offline crebel

• Ottumwa, Iowa
  • Member #1600 since January 15, 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
There is "sort of" a way to find out, but I don't think there is a compiled list of all devices anywhere.

You'd have to start at the Amazon Device Support>Fire & Kindle Software Updates page.  Under each device model type the most current update is listed and it tells you what improvements are made. There are no listings previous to the most current update available for any device.

On a specific device itself (my Voyage, for example), Home Page>Menu>Settings>Menu>Device Info opens the box that tells you what your current Firmware Version is (I'm at the most current 5.8.11) and at the bottom of the box it says "WHAT'S NEW". Tapping on the what's new takes me to a scrollable window with update improvements back through Version 5.8.8 in March.

I don't know if that helps or if it is all information you were already aware of!
A book, I think, is very like a little golden door.
That takes me into places where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland or countries strange and far.
And, best of all, the golden door always stands ajar. - Adelaide Love

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »
There are also a number of kindle blogs . . . some of which have been around since the beginning. If you do a deep dive into past entries, you can probably create a list as most of those folks talked about the updates as they came out. Heck, there are probably threads for almost all of 'em here. :D

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR