Author Topic: Calling all Jutoh experts  (Read 245 times)  

David Carpenter

Calling all Jutoh experts
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:41 AM »
Newbie question regarding formatting please. I have my three books ready, covers ordered and supplied and I have looked at a 100 kindle books to decide on the best layout. I have downloaded and bought Jutoh (I am a PC Windows 10 user), and had contact with Julian who has been very helpful. I have worked my way through the manual and played around with layouts etc., no problem.

But I am really stumped on which font to use. Being a typical OCD type I stick to Ariel in Word Processors and I know that Kindle Readers default to Bookerly (can’t find Ariel on my android Kindle Reader), but what about the ePubs on Kobo and D2D etc.? Should I just produce everything in Times New Roman and let the readers decide on their own machines? Or?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:15:15 AM by David C »

Online TobiasRoote

• Greece
    • View Profile
    • Tobias Roote Books
Re: Calling all Jutoh experts
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:41:25 AM »
I tend to use whichever font I enjoy using at the time. Trebuchet, Calibra Times, etc., When you set your fonts within the configuration for body, body indent, it's a simple matter of changing it to something else. I find that Amazon generally changes the fonts to theirs and as a kindle user I have my favourite kindle fonts which over-ride the book's settings anyway.

I choose fonts that are clear and easy to read. Some are just clunky.

Tobias Roote | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
Re: Calling all Jutoh experts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:43:35 AM »
For body text, I would go with a serif font. Headings, probably sans-serif. And, for branding purposes, I would stick with whatever typefaces you decide upon across your whole range, or at very least for each series.
"The saddest thing in life is people with sight, but without vision." - Helen Keller