Author Topic: Calling all Jutoh experts  (Read 221 times)  

David Carpenter

Calling all Jutoh experts
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:41 AM »
Newbie question regarding formatting please. I have my three books ready, covers ordered and supplied and I have looked at a 100 kindle books to decide on the best layout. I have downloaded and bought Jutoh (I am a PC Windows 10 user), and had contact with Julian who has been very helpful. I have worked my way through the manual and played around with layouts etc., no problem.

But I am really stumped on which font to use. Being a typical OCD type I stick to Ariel in Word Processors and I know that Kindle Readers default to Bookerly (can’t find Ariel on my android Kindle Reader), but what about the ePubs on Kobo and D2D etc.? Should I just produce everything in Times New Roman and let the readers decide on their own machines? Or?

Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:15:15 AM by David C »

Offline TobiasRoote

• Greece
    • View Profile
    • Tobias Roote Books
Re: Calling all Jutoh experts
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 01:41:25 AM »
I tend to use whichever font I enjoy using at the time. Trebuchet, Calibra Times, etc., When you set your fonts within the configuration for body, body indent, it's a simple matter of changing it to something else. I find that Amazon generally changes the fonts to theirs and as a kindle user I have my favourite kindle fonts which over-ride the book's settings anyway.

I choose fonts that are clear and easy to read. Some are just clunky.

Tobias Roote | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Kathy Dee

• View Profile
Re: Calling all Jutoh experts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 08:43:35 AM »
For body text, I would go with a serif font. Headings, probably sans-serif. And, for branding purposes, I would stick with whatever typefaces you decide upon across your whole range, or at very least for each series.