Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: My Paperwhite touch controls stopped working.  (Read 221 times)  

Offline AjaxMinoan

• Vancouver, USA.
  • I work at the Washington State University.
    • View Profile
My Paperwhite touch controls stopped working.
« on: November 29, 2017, 05:12:06 AM »
Is there anything I can do when my touch controls don't seem to be working on my Paperwhite? I'm thinking not.
I suppose if I buy another one, I can download all my books again without any cost.

Ray Buckridge

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: My Paperwhite touch controls stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:15:13 AM »
First try a restart -- if the screen is not responsive, press and hold the power button for 30-40 seconds. You'll see it go off and blink a few times and eventually restart with the boy under a tree logo. That may fix it.

If it does not, then I would contact Amazon, they may offer a discount on a replacement device.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline AjaxMinoan

• Vancouver, USA.
  • I work at the Washington State University.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:22:25 AM »
You fixed me up -- thanks Ann. I held the button and got to the Boy Under the Tree logo and it rebooted. Works fine now.
Without any swipe controls, I would never have thought there was something I could have done with only one button.
Me and a woman at work are getting ready to start a year-long reading contest to see who can take out the most books. Now I'm back in the game.

Ray Buckridge

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 05:26:01 AM »
Glad to help!

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »
I do a restart twice a year or so even if I don't have problems. It just sort of keeps everything in order. I've got two Paperwhite readers now, I alternated them daily, and I've never had a system problem that a restart didn't solve.