Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?
KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Amazon Earnings Report Dashboard Not Accurate  (Read 4616 times)  

Offline AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Earnings Report Dashboard Not Accurate
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Susanne...the system was lagging and glitchy for a few days. The 'Goodreads Giveaways' were miscoded--an error.If you download the excel sheet of your sales you will see they have your normal royalty next to them.
Viperous-- You have more sales on your December month-to-date than on the dashboard because  some of your sales at the end of the month cleared later because of the glitches.  On the 30th, I had over 20 orders that seemed not to have cleared. They all appeared yesterday and today in December's report.
Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline Susanne.

• Europe
    • View Profile
    • Susanne
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2017, 02:15:49 PM »
Susanne...the system was lagging and glitchy for a few days. The 'Goodreads Giveaways' were miscoded--an error.If you download the excel sheet of your sales you will see they have your normal royalty next to them.
Viperous-- You have more sales on your December month-to-date than on the dashboard because  some of your sales at the end of the month cleared later because of the glitches.  On the 30th, I had over 20 orders that seemed not to have cleared. They all appeared yesterday and today in December's report.

So they didn't give away 57 copies of my book? Those were sales?

Susanne O'Leary | website | blog | facebook | writer's forum

Offline Viperous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »

I considered some sales rolled over from November 30, but even if every book that day was added to December's stats, there's still a ten book sales difference in statistics. I also added up all the sales-per-day on the dashboard for the whole month of November, and it's accurate with November's month-to-date report. Plus, I've already had to contact Amazon a handful of times over the past four weeks, because they kept giving my book away for free on random days throughout November, despite me not running promotions. All I keep getting from them is the same response that they're investigating the issue. They say they'll have an answer for me by a certain date, only to send another email stating that they need more time to look into the matter. The last email I received on November 18th said that'll have an answer for me by "Monday November 2".... Funny thing, November 2nd won't fall on a Monday until the year 2020. LOL

Online 9 Diamonds

• View Profile
    • 9 Diamonds Press
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »
I emailed Amazon and they replied and they've sorted out the missing pre-orders which are now showing up as sales. Unfortunately not sales in November (when they occurred) but sales for this month. Still, they've sorted it. They also explained about the free units glitch and told me they're working on it, and they reassured me that the free units (which are not free units) have been counted as sales. Overall I'm pleased with their follow-through.

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2017, 04:18:51 PM »
You know, now that I'm reading about the pre-order problem, I remember a few weeks to a month ago having books I pre-ordered come to their date. Amazon would show that I pre-ordered the book right to the date, then the line on the book's page that showed I pre-ordered disappeared, and I didn't get the book on the day. I had to go in and buy it. At the time I thought it had to do with the fact I changed my email with Amazon a while ago, but maybe it's this problem. As I remember they were all traditionally published books.

Offline great_gazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2017, 04:35:24 PM »
Amazon really needs to pull it together in regards to these incorrect earning reports.

Offline Ollie07

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2017, 03:31:49 AM »
Definitely still a problem - I had wondered why I was was seeing rankings going up on some books with apparently no sales (according to the dashboard).

I've just looked at it in detail and I believe the month-to-date is up to date as the numbers I am seeing there are being reflected in the rankings. However, only about half of the sales have come through on the sales dashboard (line graph) for the last few days. Until it's fixed, I'm going to go by the month to date.

I dream about visiting the past and the future - then I write about it.
Jason Ayres | Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline PaulineMRoss

• Nairn, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • The Brightmoon Annals
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2017, 03:51:46 AM »
I had some sales showing up in the free column on last month's MTD report. They now appear to be showing up as sales on THIS month's MTD. No idea when the money was processed, but at least it all seems to be coming out in the wash.

Pauline M. Ross (epic fantasy) Website | Mary Kingswood (Regency romances) Website 
Bookbub rejections: 58 and counting...

Offline great_gazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2017, 05:14:24 AM »
Definitely still a problem - I had wondered why I was was seeing rankings going up on some books with apparently no sales (according to the dashboard).

I've just looked at it in detail and I believe the month-to-date is up to date as the numbers I am seeing there are being reflected in the rankings. However, only about half of the sales have come through on the sales dashboard (line graph) for the last few days. Until it's fixed, I'm going to go by the month to date.

Same. The ranking is messed up big time. About 3 days ago I sold 8 copies of a book and the book was still ranked in the millions. And the dashbord is all kinds of screwed right now. Ive emailed Zon. No reply yet.

Offline MelanieCellier

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
There's now a message on the dashboard:
KDP reports are experiencing issues and your sales or royalties may be delayed

Melanie Cellier | Website | Facebook

Offline great_gazoo

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »
Is the new message in response to the preorder delay?

Online anniejocoby

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »
There's now a message on the dashboard:
KDP reports are experiencing issues and your sales or royalties may be delayed

I noticed that, too. Which is nice. I just had a new release yesterday, and my sales seemed pretty slow, considering. I was kinda bummed until I saw that message!

Two dollars! Two dollars! I want my two dollars!!!
Annie Jocoby | ]Badge[/url] | Annie Jocoby website

Online 9 Diamonds

• View Profile
    • 9 Diamonds Press
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2017, 04:06:35 PM »
Is the new message in response to the preorder delay?
No; that message wasn't there during the pre-order delay issue. It's a new message as of today.