Author Topic: Developmental & copy/line editing - get a free sample edit of your first chapter  (Read 2347 times)  

Offline rosalie_editorial

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
Hello all,

I am now taking bookings for May onwards. My most popular service is development editing - for authors who want a professional editor to give a lot of love and attention to their manuscript. A development edit looks at the big picture, examining your novel in terms of content and structure.

Development editing looks at a range of things, including:

• The strength of your characterization
    The use of narrative voice and point of view
    Pacing and timing
    Consistency in your fictional world
    The structure and details of your plot

As part of the development edit, you will receive:

• A detailed annotation of your whole manuscript using comments/tracked changes
    An editorial report exploring in detail the strengths/weaknesses of your manuscript and ways to move forward

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, I would be pleased to conduct a free first chapter sample edit for you - just get in touch via message here or on my website. 
Find out more about my Fiction Editing & Literary Consultancy Services at www.clockworkeditorial.com

"Rosalie's editing skills, both on the page and working directly with our authors, are exceptional. Without fail she hits the nail on the head in identifying both negative and positive aspects of a manuscript and offers solutions and feedback with the combination of tact and brutal honesty that every writer dreams of in an editor." Blackbird Digital Books MD, independent publisher of quality fiction and non-fiction

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
Hi all,

I have some availability left for May and beyond - please get in touch if you'd like to try before you buy with a free sample edit of your first chapter.

Drop me a message if you are interested - either here or via my website at https://www.clockworkeditorial.com/contact

I look forward to working with you! 
Find out more about my Fiction Editing & Literary Consultancy Services at www.clockworkeditorial.com

"Rosalie's editing skills, both on the page and working directly with our authors, are exceptional. Without fail she hits the nail on the head in identifying both negative and positive aspects of a manuscript and offers solutions and feedback with the combination of tact and brutal honesty that every writer dreams of in an editor." Blackbird Digital Books MD, independent publisher of quality fiction and non-fiction

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
So far this year I have had the pleasure of editing romance, psychological thriller, contemporary women's fiction and fantasy. I can't wait to see what the rest of 2018 will bring!

If you want to make this the year you perfect your manuscript and get it ready for publication - whether that's through self-publishing or approaching an agent/publishing house - I'd love to help. Get in touch for a free sample edit by visiting my website: https://www.clockworkeditorial.com/contact

:)

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
Happy Monday!

I am currently taking bookings for full-length projects from June, but might be able to fit in a shorter novel or lighter edit before then.

Please get in touch if you are interested in a free sample edit of your first chapter. This gives you a chance to see if you like my editing style and if we'd work well together.

All the best,

Rosalie

Offline Catherine Lea

• View Profile
I've just signed with Rosalie for my next thriller. I sent off a sample of my first chapter and was thrilled to see that she's very much in line with what I'm looking for. Very good eye for detail, picks up all the little inconsistencies, and makes suggestions without trying to take over.

Very happy, and looking forward to working with her.

There's no such thing as a simple plan.
Catherine Lea | Amazon | Amazon | Amazon | Amazon | Amazon | Amazon | Amazon

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
I've just signed with Rosalie for my next thriller. I sent off a sample of my first chapter and was thrilled to see that she's very much in line with what I'm looking for. Very good eye for detail, picks up all the little inconsistencies, and makes suggestions without trying to take over.

Very happy, and looking forward to working with her.

Thank you Catherine, I'm very much looking forward to getting started on your project!

Authors, please get in touch if you'd like to try out my copy/line editing or development editing services - I will happily provide a free sample edit of your first chapter. You can find me at: www.clockworkeditorial.com/contact

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:16:13 PM by rosalie_editorial »

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
I am now taking bookings from August onwards in the following genres: thriller/mystery, crime, YA/MG and contemporary women's fiction.

I am pleased to offer interested authors a free sample chapter edit - please get in touch at www.clockworkeditorial.com/contact to get the ball rolling.

I look forward to working with you!

All the best,

Rosalie

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
Hello all,

I have limited availability for August onwards and would love to work with you. Please get in touch if you're interested in a free sample edit or have any questions about my editorial services. I can provide a quote once I've seen a sample of your work.

More information can be found here: clockworkeditorial.com

Offline idontknowyet

• View Profile
I checked out your website but couldn't find prices anywhere.  I'm not near the editing stage at this point. Writing 14 books simultaneously is not leading to orderly completions, but I'm hoping to have a few done soon. My genre is chick lit/sweet romance. The developmental edit interests me the most. If you don't mind slogging through my horrible grammar. Maybe some line editing too.

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
I checked out your website but couldn't find prices anywhere.  I'm not near the editing stage at this point. Writing 14 books simultaneously is not leading to orderly completions, but I'm hoping to have a few done soon. My genre is chick lit/sweet romance. The developmental edit interests me the most. If you don't mind slogging through my horrible grammar. Maybe some line editing too.

Thank you for your message - I've just sent you a DM. Please don't worry about horrible grammar - I've seen it all!  :)

• Atlanta, GA
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Editorial
Happy Friday, all!

I am now taking bookings from September onwards in the following genres: thriller/mystery, crime, YA/MG and contemporary women's fiction.

If you'd like a free sample developmental or copy/line edit please get in touch via my website at www.clockworkeditorial.com/contact  :) I can get a sample back to you within 7 days.

All the best,

Rosalie