Author Topic: Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation touch issues  (Read 541 times)  

Offline liver007

• View Profile
Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation touch issues
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:55:20 PM »
My PPW3 (7th Gen) has been showing some touch issues for some time now. The issue is that while I am reading a book, after a few second of use, the kindle starts registering a ghost touch on the top of the screen around 2 cm below and 2 cm to the right of the middle of the screen. Once i press the power button twice, it starts working again. But the issue restarts after a few seconds. The thing that is wierd is that this issue is only there when i read and not there when for example, I use my browser. I have tried doing the soft reset, hard reset, software update, reset the kindle to factory settings, formatting the kindle from PC etc. The issue keeps recurring. Can someone help me fix this? I am running a 5.9.2 software and have a G090 G1 device ทางเข้าufabet
Alternatively, since only a small region of the screen has an issue, I was thinking of jailbreaking the device and running some ebook app which does not change pages when this region is touched, say use an app which only recongnises touches on the right 1 inch of the screen. If anyone is aware of auch an app which can be installed in a kindle, that would also be of great help ufabet

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation touch issues
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »
If it's still in warranty I'd definitely call Kindle support.  That sounds like a defect and they should replace it.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Paperwhite 7th generation touch issues
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
If it's still in warranty I'd definitely call Kindle support.  That sounds like a defect and they should replace it.

It does sound like a defect -- if you've had it less than a year they probably will replace it if you push 'em a bit. If it's older than that, though, don't count on it. You may be able to get them to give you a discount on a replacement, though.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR