Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: ANy know wha going on with KDP sales reporting  (Read 1076 times)  

Online thesios

• View Profile
ANy know wha going on with KDP sales reporting
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:25:38 AM »
Its sloow as H3ll

anyone?

Offline Gareth K Pengelly

• Leicestershire, UK
    • View Profile
Re: ANy know wha going on with KDP sales reporting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
I've noticed that, too. Both with page reads and the actual sales.

Very often the last few days I've hovered over the graph and it's told me I've sold books, then when you go into the report, it doesn't show them.

Think someone's messing about with the servers at their end, for sure.

Online Amanda M. Lee

• Listen to me, you will.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:32 AM »
I had two new releases yesterday (both preorders) and I was worried that they wouldn't all show up like everyone was reporting but my sales seem to be normal. There are a few holdouts from credit cards not going through on my preorders but that's not out of the ordinary for me. As for reporting of other books, everything looks fine to me. Things are right where they should be for this part of the day.
It's also important to note, though, that we're coming up on Christmas. Every year I think most people see a lull during this time period because most people are getting ready for the holiday season and that means they're busy with parties, shopping, etc. I worked hard to combat that lull with extra releases this year. It could be you're simply seeing the normal lull.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:38:22 AM by Amanda M. Lee »

Amanda M. Lee

Online Scrapper78

• Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
My orders are still not showing up correctly, and the sales report has gotten EXTREMELY laggy over the last three days.

As it stands, my sales report has thirty more sales than the reports for the last week. But now those are starting to slow way down too. I went to bed last night worrying I had a zero-sales day, only to have 12 sales show up between 10:30 and midnight.

Facebook
Andrew Vaillencourt |

Online My Dog's Servant

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:30 PM »
My dashboard had been sloooowwww and, every now and then, really wonky. Today, it solved that problem by throwing out $200+ in reported sales and borrows. I guess it rolls downhill a lot faster than it goes up?   :o  :o  :o

Offline DLBarbur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:21:17 PM »
My KU page reads used to update at least several times a day. Lately it's been one big update overnight. Either that, or everybody that is reading my book is doing it between 2300 PST when I go to bed, and 0700 when I wake up...

Online My Dog's Servant

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:01 AM »
According to BookReport, those vanishing sales all appear to have been outside the US....and are still vanished.

Offline barcud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »
I know I've made sales and they must come from AMS (or are highly unlikely to have come organically) but they're so slow. Even AMS daily sales, month to date and generated reports say different things most of the time for the same day. 

Online Kyra Halland

• Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Welcome To My Worlds
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 08:38:29 AM »
I bought a couple of books last week, and the debits (on the same card I've always used for my one-click purchases, so nothing new there) didn't show up on my bank account until a full week later. So there seems to be a backup with the payment processing.

Tales of fantasy, heroism, and romance.
Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Goodreads

Online Jacob Stanley

• Georgia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
I'm sort of flipping out right now. I have some ads running on a discounted new release, and it's been doing pretty well over the last couple of days, at least by my (meager) standards. Today sales are WAY down compared to the last two days at this time, and it's hard to tell if the ad is still getting clicks because of reporting delays. 

Am I burning through money with no sales?
Am I getting no clicks, which maybe means I've reached some sort of saturation point?
Am I getting sales that I don't see?
Is this just a lower volume day on Amazon, and no one's buying books?

Nerve-wracking to say the least.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:54:26 AM by Jacob Stanley »

Offline EmparentingMom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:49 AM »
Yup sales reporting seems significantly slowed today.

Offline Nikkira

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
My KU page reads used to update at least several times a day. Lately it's been one big update overnight. Either that, or everybody that is reading my book is doing it between 2300 PST when I go to bed, and 0700 when I wake up...

I'm on PST too and I've noticed that around 9PM (sometimes sooner) i.e. midnight East coast time, the page reads start showing up on the next day. If you select the next day on the KDP dashboard, you can watch the sales accumulate. Rarely will page reads be added to the current day after 9PM PST.

Online Sam B

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:49:43 AM »
I'm on PST too and I've noticed that around 9PM (sometimes sooner) i.e. midnight East coast time, the page reads start showing up on the next day. If you select the next day on the KDP dashboard, you can watch the sales accumulate. Rarely will page reads be added to the current day after 9PM PST.

I noticed that a while back too.

For sales, I often have a sale show up one day, and the payment for it on the next. Seems like Amazon has just been struggling to keep up, a bit.