Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Alexa Can Now Read To Me?  (Read 171 times)  

Online etexlady

• View Profile
Alexa Can Now Read To Me?
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
This may be old news but it was new to me.  I was browsing on the iPad and ran across a headline that said Alexa could now read my Kindle books to me.  I started to pass the story by thinking it was about Audible books but clicked on it anyway.  The article described a new skill for Alexa as the ability to read my Kindle books - any Kindle book in my library - using WhisperSync.  I thought ok I'll ask her to read the book I'm currently reading on my Kindle.  Alexa picked right up where I had left off reading the night before!  I don't know if this is a new skill or not but I like it and think I will use it quite a lot.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:40:15 AM by etexlady »

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
Re: Alexa Can Now Read To Me?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:38:36 AM »
I am new to the Alexa world, having only recently gotten an Echo Dot. I'll check this out -because I have a lot of books in Kindle form but prefer audiobooks much of the time. I haven't really enjoyed the speech-to-text feature of many Kindle books because I haven't enjoyed the flat affect of the narration. But if Alexa could read with a (even slightly) better voice, this might work for me.
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!