Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Help a superhero (blurb) out  (Read 158 times)  

Offline kdiem

• View Profile
Help a superhero (blurb) out
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »
Hey all!

Working on the blurb for the third in my superhero urban fantasy series, and was hoping to get a little help tightening the blurb.

Any suggestions?

=====

After successfully rescuing her brother from a serial killer and stopping a plot to massacre thousands with a magic bread knife, Zita Garcia is ready for a return to her regular life: illegally climbing skyscrapers, hiding her superpowers, and grudgingly earning a paycheck to cover all those bills piling up.

Unfortunately, her least favorite supervillains are rampaging around in a bloody crime spree that the police seem unable to stop. Enlisting her friends to help, even the one sulking in his dad's basement, she's got to stop the bad guys and their latest evil plan. Even if she isn't sure what they're doing, other than it involves Brazil.

And maybe dinosaurs.

Power is the third book in the Arca superhero urban fantasy series, and includes immoderate language, lame sexual innuendo, and comic book violence.

Author. Bibliophile. Fangirl.
Karen Diem | website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Goodreads

Online MaryMcDonald

• View Profile
    • M.P. McDonald
Re: Help a superhero (blurb) out
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:43:51 PM »
I was confused--did she stop the massacre by using the magic bread knife, or were thousands going to be massacred with a magic bread knife?

The Mark Taylor Series-Intense thrillers | CJ Sheridan Thrillers
M.P. McDonald | M.P. McDonald | Facebook | Amazon Author Page

Online C. Rysalis

• The Writer's Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:04:26 AM »
I like it and wouldn't change anything about it.  8)

Olivia Rising | Author page

Offline Dale Ivan Smith

• Greater Portlandia
    • View Profile
    • Dale Ivan Smith
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
Hey all!

Working on the blurb for the third in my superhero urban fantasy series, and was hoping to get a little help tightening the blurb.

Any suggestions?

=====

After successfully rescuing her brother from a serial killer and stopping a plot to massacre thousands with a magic bread knife, Zita Garcia is ready for a return to her regular life: illegally climbing skyscrapers, hiding her superpowers, and grudgingly earning a paycheck to cover all those bills piling up.

Unfortunately, her least favorite supervillains are rampaging around in a bloody crime spree that the police seem unable to stop. Enlisting her friends to help, even the one sulking in his dad's basement, she's got to stop the bad guys and their latest evil plan. Even if she isn't sure what they're doing, other than it involves Brazil.

And maybe dinosaurs.

Power is the third book in the Arca superhero urban fantasy series, and includes immoderate language, lame sexual innuendo, and comic book violence.

Hey, Karen,
I like this. Snappy and fun!
My only suggestion would be to give us a better sense of what is at stake for Zita as well as the the world around her? Other than stealing stuff etc, what is at stake if she doesn't stop the crime spree?

Dale

Dale Ivan Smith | Website | Facebook

Offline kdiem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »
I was confused--did she stop the massacre by using the magic bread knife, or were thousands going to be massacred with a magic bread knife?

OK, I'll look at clarifying that part... perhaps changing to "stopping a plot to use a magic bread knife to massacre thousands"... Thank you!

I like it and wouldn't change anything about it.  8)

Aww, thank you. :)

Hey, Karen,
I like this. Snappy and fun!
My only suggestion would be to give us a better sense of what is at stake for Zita as well as the the world around her? Other than stealing stuff etc, what is at stake if she doesn't stop the crime spree?

Snappy and fun is the vibe I was going for, so awesome!

I'll think about what I can add RE consequences that won't go into the plot too much or harsh on the blurb's mellow. ;) 

Thanks for the feedback, Dale!

Offline kdiem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 07:22:11 AM »
Slightly reworded for feedback. Hopefully this addresses the issues. Thanks!

----

After successfully rescuing her brother from a serial killer and stopping a plot to use a magic bread knife to massacre thousands, Zita Garcia is ready for a return to her regular life: illegally climbing skyscrapers, hiding her superpowers, and grudgingly earning a paycheck to cover all those bills piling up.

Unfortunately, her least favorite supervillains are rampaging around in a bloody crime spree that the police seem unable to end. Enlisting her friends to help, even the one sulking in his dad's basement, she's got to stop the bad guys and their latest evil plan before anyone else dies. Even if Zita isn't sure what they're doing, other than it involves Brazil.

And maybe dinosaurs.