Author Topic: New Kindle Update 5.9.2.0.1 new feature for O2, audible for O1 and basic  (Read 3274 times)  

Offline hamerfan

• Totoville
    • View Profile
Re: New Kindle Update 5.9.2.0.1 new feature for O2, audible for O1 and basic
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
Sorry, Ann. I only said it because, without the touchscreen functioning on those Paperwhites, I don't think you could do anything with them as they are controlled by touchscreen only.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-Mario Andretti, Formula One driver-

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2017, 05:54:02 AM »
Sorry, Ann. I only said it because, without the touchscreen functioning on those Paperwhites, I don't think you could do anything with them as they are controlled by touchscreen only.

Ah, gotcha! yeah . . . it wouldn't make sense at ALL for a PW or a Voyage . . . I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a part of the 2016 Oasis update though?

I think the confusion stems from them using the same version number no matter the device. :(

Interestingly, I noted yesterday that my 2016 Oasis still has 5.9.1.x . . . . it's always connected to WiFi so I'm not sure why no update. Maybe after the holidays when I've nothing better to do I'll download and install it. Haven't even looked at either my 2017 Oasis or my Voyage.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2017, 06:26:35 AM »
 On another board, someone wanted the disable touchscreen for their Paperwhite  ;D. I guess you'd have to use mind power on those.  :P

Voyage could have it I suppose, it does have some sort of page buttons. Oasis1 is baffling why they didn't put it in.
Maybe they are trying it out on the O2 and see how it goes? Could there be a hardware thing about it, like the inverted black?

Or of course they want you all to buy a O2. I highly recommend it.  8)

I put it on my O1, O2 and Voyage manually as soon as they were available. I don't like to wait. I just want to get it out of the way and be done.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac