Author Topic: New Delivery Information  (Read 634 times)  

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
New Delivery Information
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »
Waiting for a delivery. Its a one day delivery, so the carrier is listed as AMZL US. Just clicked on track package bar and a map of my area of Laurel, MD, came up. The delivery person was identified on the map, with a notation that there are 8 deliveries before you. Was kind of shocked at the information detail. Kind of cool.
Ken

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: New Delivery Information
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:35:41 PM »
That's pretty cool!
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:40:50 PM »
Oh I hope we get that too here. Pretty much everything now comes via Amzl delivery. But I can't track it, all I get is a number and when its out for delivery, maybe. Even that isn't always correct. I always assumed they use the same drivers they already have for Prime Now. And Prime now, i can see exactly where the driver is on a map.
The other thing that bugs me is that even if I am home, most times they don't bring me the package, but stop at the leasing office because they are lazy.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:23:26 AM »
I had a Show delivered yesterday by Amzl.  No detailed delivery tracking info before it was delivered, but after there was a photo of the box in the outer unsecured condo lobby confirming delivery on the tracking page.  TG we don't have a problem with package theft here -- no porch pirates.  Knock on wood.  ;)  I'd appreciate that tracking info while the package was on the way. 

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »
I'd appreciate it if they would just deliver my orders on the day they say they will. The last several months have been ridiculous.

Although it would be kind of fun to see the little man on the map.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 06:27:59 AM »
I'd appreciate it if they would just deliver my orders on the day they say they will. The last several months have been ridiculous.

I rarely have a problem with deliveries not when promised -- just one time recently.  I called Amazon.  CSR gave me a month extension on my Prime.  Try calling Amazon and directly or indirectly ask for a Prime extension.  Then whenever a package is late call and ask for extension.  (Keep notes about deliveries, etc.)  Maybe higher-ups will then take notice of your account and improve deliveries.

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Lursa (aka 9MMare)

• Outside Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
I've had very poor and uselessly redundant experience with this service. Used it twice now but it wasnt a choice, it was what was offered.

I live on rural property with a gate across the driveway. The gate is not locked during daylight hrs. USPS, Fed Ex, & UPS all leave packages for us on the ground on the inside of the gate, generally in a clear plastic bag (here in the raining PNW). I never had to leave any instructions for that.

The Amazon service arrives and then leaves, and I get an email saying they couldnt access the front door.

Why not? So I respond as requested to the email and give clear instructions.

I get the same email notification the next day. So I respond again by email AND I call and speak to a representative. AND I do a chat session with another representative. Providing clear instructions each time. The instructions are to leave the package at the gate, but they still send email that they cant access the front door. A) they dont have to access the front door and B) why arent they leaving it at the gate? C) Why arent all these various communications making it to drivers?

It takes days for the deliveries. So in the future, I will probably see if there's an option for a different delivery or just not order it.

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
I rarely have a problem with deliveries not when promised -- just one time recently.  I called Amazon.  CSR gave me a month extension on my Prime.  Try calling Amazon and directly or indirectly ask for a Prime extension.  Then whenever a package is late call and ask for extension.  (Keep notes about deliveries, etc.)  Maybe higher-ups will then take notice of your account and improve deliveries.

Yes, I called them and they offered a month's free prime but the package actually came just now and on time. However, my Echo Spot, which was supposed to be delivered yesterday, is now not coming until 26th or 27th. It's a gift. I'll be calling about that.

Another gift was supposed to arrive today and is delayed until tomorrow.

Then there was the order that I paid extra for one day delivery. I had to cancel because they said they couldn't get it on the plane. I ordered from a different vendor and it was delayed nearly a week. They refunded my one-day charge. Twice, orders have gone to the wrong facility. One I cancelled and the other I waited for. Another order was undeliverable, whatever that means.

This has been going on for months.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline DawnB

• California, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »
I've had very poor and uselessly redundant experience with this service. Used it twice now but it wasnt a choice, it was what was offered.

I live on rural property with a gate across the driveway. The gate is not locked during daylight hrs. USPS, Fed Ex, & UPS all leave packages for us on the ground on the inside of the gate, generally in a clear plastic bag (here in the raining PNW). I never had to leave any instructions for that.

The Amazon service arrives and then leaves, and I get an email saying they couldnt access the front door.

Why not? So I respond as requested to the email and give clear instructions.

I get the same email notification the next day. So I respond again by email AND I call and speak to a representative. AND I do a chat session with another representative. Providing clear instructions each time. The instructions are to leave the package at the gate, but they still send email that they cant access the front door. A) they dont have to access the front door and B) why arent they leaving it at the gate? C) Why arent all these various communications making it to drivers?

It takes days for the deliveries. So in the future, I will probably see if there's an option for a different delivery or just not order it.

After 5 issues you can call & request an Exemption be filed so Amazon Logistic won't be used to deliver your packages. I did this after they kept going to the wrong apartment complex no matter how many notes were added to my account. Now the only time Amazon Logistic is used is if I order something for Same Day Delivery.

Offline Lursa (aka 9MMare)

• Outside Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 06:29:56 PM »
After 5 issues you can call & request an Exemption be filed so Amazon Logistic won't be used to deliver your packages. I did this after they kept going to the wrong apartment complex no matter how many notes were added to my account. Now the only time Amazon Logistic is used is if I order something for Same Day Delivery.

Thanks Dawn, that's really good to know.