KB Featured
Grey Daze: A Lance Underphal Mystery
by Michael Allan Scott

Kindle Edition published 2015-03-29
Bestseller ranking: 167157

Product Description
An IAN Book of the Year Finalist and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the third book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Based on real events, this is one of those dark, disturbing novels that keeps you turning pages.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

It's a mystery- Something is wrong. As Lance Underphal pads softly across the cold flagstone, he hears her weeping. She is on her knees, hunched over in the middle of the room, her back to him, facing the dark fireplace. Something is very wrong. Lance wants to rush to her, but can't. In a hoarse whisper, he says, "Callie?" She lets out a mournful wail from deep within as she turns, their infant son in her arms, blue and still. He reels from the blow. How can this be? They don't have a son.

Author Topic: After-holidays launch  (Read 493 times)  

Online Paranormal Kitty

• Texas
    • View Profile
After-holidays launch
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »
Anyone else planning one? How long should you wait...after Christmas, after New Year?

Offline Flay Otters

• New Preston CT
  • Stone the crows!
    • View Profile
Re: After-holidays launch
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:26:44 PM »
How about a launch that straddles the holiday period?

Online Paranormal Kitty

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:53:46 PM »
How about a launch that straddles the holiday period?

Is that what you're doing? Curious to know how it goes. I wanted to do mine at the end of November, but I have too much crap going on...plus I'm still not sure about my title and I can't think of anything better.

Offline Flay Otters

• New Preston CT
  • Stone the crows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »
Is that what you're doing? Curious to know how it goes. I wanted to do mine at the end of November, but I have too much crap going on...plus I'm still not sure about my title and I can't think of anything better.
It's what I'm trying to do, but clients (in my real job) have a habit of wanting things done before Christmas! So I understand "too much crap".
Also, my idea of launching is uploading to Amazon and slumping into a chair.
But, assuming I manage it I'll report any movement.

Offline Victoria LK

• Vero Beach, FL
  • a good book has no true ending, just possibilities
    • View Profile
    • Victoria LK Williams
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »
It's what I'm trying to do, but clients (in my real job) have a habit of wanting things done before Christmas! So I understand "too much crap".
Also, my idea of launching is uploading to Amazon and slumping into a chair.
But, assuming I manage it I'll report any movement.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one in this position. I've been holding back the 1st in a new series to publish in Jan. and really thought I would have a proper launch. But here it is the middle of December!

Offline Lorri Moulton

• Author of Romances, Mysteries, and Fairytales
    • View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:03 PM »
Lots of new Kindles for Christmas...or so I hope. :)

Author of Romances, Mysteries, Fairytales and Historical Non-Fiction.
Lorri Moulton | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Christine Clayfield

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:46 AM »
I actually launched my novel a couple of weeks ago, without any pre-launch or any efforts building interest at all.

I simply could not just sit on it and wait until Christmas is over. Although I've had a fair few sales, I need to really plan a promotion and I'm aiming to start in January, at least to build awareness.

It is my first novel, so I am dealing with totally new readers, most of whom have never heard of me before.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
I launched in the week of Thanksgiving and it was a horrible idea. The "summer slump" launch did almost 5* better. Gutted I wasted months of work. Lesson don't launch during Holidays.

Offline Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • The Active Voice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »
I actually launched my novel a couple of weeks ago, without any pre-launch or any efforts building interest at all.

I simply could not just sit on it and wait until Christmas is over. Although I've had a fair few sales, I need to really plan a promotion and I'm aiming to start in January, at least to build awareness.

It is my first novel, so I am dealing with totally new readers, most of whom have never heard of me before.

Congratulations on the new book, Christine. :)

Paranormal Kitty, if my memory serves, KBers have often observed that sales start out stronger at the beginning of the calendar year and then decline through a series of slumps (summer, back to school, winter doldrums, etc.). But I don't think there's a universally consistent pattern.

Offline Kyle Alexander Romines

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:41 AM »
My latest book, Bride, is scheduled to go live on Christmas Eve. I put the paperback up to get reviews for promotion site scheduling. I'll be trying AMS ads from now until the first week of release and then two weeks of promotions starting January 1st. Hopefully people who unwrap kindles for Christmas will mean a bump in customers!
The Vengeance of the Crows : 100%
Kyle Alexander Romines | Goodreads | Amazon | Newsletter