Kindle Forum banner

Alexa Commands

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Andra 
#1 ·
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to request Alexa to play music from my playlists. I have tried requesting "Alexa, play Classic Christmas Music from Amazon Prime." I have a playlist titled Classic Christmas that I have added music to. I swear I could get her to play it last year. Now she directs me to a radio station.

#2 ·
Interesting - I've got a playlist of Christmas music that has 1 Prime song in it & 95 personally uploaded songs. Alexa is only playing the Prime song & tells me there are no more songs in that playlist.

I found this: http://www.echotalk.org/index.php?topic=2749.0

#5 ·
Patricia said:
Say "Alexa, play playlist Classic Christmas Music", or whatever the exact name of the playlist is. It's not on Amazon Prime. It's in your playlist.
And only my 1 Prime song will play, not all the other songs that I personally uploaded.

#8 ·
Sandpiper said:
Yep, whatever you're requesting be it playlist, album title, song title, you have to request it with the EXACT name / title. Alexa is very persnickety about that.
I yelled at her one time and called her a name because I got so frustrated trying to play the music I wanted. She told me that wasn't very nice. I felt really bad and apologized after. I should have bought her a pony. :-[

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.