Author Topic: Amazon Show  (Read 1412 times)  

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Show
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 02:33:02 PM »
I'm ba-ack.  A week ago this morning I did a "I've fallen and I can't get up."  Should not make fun of that.  Broke top of femur bone / hip.  Surgery Wednesday afternoon = three pins.  Ortho said it could have been worse.  Friday to rehab place.  Back on-line at rehab this afternoon. 

My tech stuff here is laptop, iPhone, Apple watch, Fire tablet, and Kindle Oasis.  Missing the Echos and Shows.  Haven't read the Show guide as yet that I got. 

Never checked out how to upload photos here after Photobucket went bye-bye.  Where are / what are instructions for that?

OH NO!!!! Take care of yourself.
I did read somewhere that someone set up a Show in a hospital for his wife so they could video-call each other. Maybe someone could retrieve it for you
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 02:55:39 PM »
OH NO!!!! Take care of yourself.
I did read somewhere that someone set up a Show in a hospital for his wife so they could video-call each other. Maybe someone could retrieve it for you

Have enough clothes, tech, stuff here now as it is.  Will have to get it all home.  I don't know what's going to happen.  Physical / occupational therapy says I am doing well.  They're thinking of aiming for January 6 or 7 for me to get out.  Then what?  Home, but still no or very little weight on right leg.  It's gonna be interesting.  Wish I could have a do-over for last Tuesday morning.

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
Goodness, Sandpiper. Not a fun way to spend the holidays.

Check into visiting nurses and home health care. You should be able to get PT at home as well as OT. Assuming you have insurance, it should cover those two things at least. It should also cover durable goods like walkers  or even a wheelchair if you need it. You might also need a commode chair. I went through all this with my mother when she broke her hip. Fortunately, I had just moved next door to her so I could help out.

Don't leave the rehab without finding out about all this. It all takes time to set up. The home health care people will have to evaluate you as well, and they only approve a few visits at a time.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
Goodness, Sandpiper. Not a fun way to spend the holidays.

Check into visiting nurses and home health care. You should be able to get PT at home as well as OT. Assuming you have insurance, it should cover those two things at least. It should also cover durable goods like walkers  or even a wheelchair if you need it. You might also need a commode chair. I went through all this with my mother when she broke her hip. Fortunately, I had just moved next door to her so I could help out.

Don't leave the rehab without finding out about all this. It all takes time to set up. The home health care people will have to evaluate you as well, and they only approve a few visits at a time.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

This rehab place is having meeting this Thursday re all the social services available, etc. and what I'll need.  TG, I'm Medicare age for all this.  (Can I say two people who were looking for me by room number, looked in . . . person in room didn't compute with age they were told.  :)  Someone from the county visited me in the hospital re services available.

Sometimes I get a little depressed about it all, but mostly not.  Talked to my former / last boss today. :)  He said ya kinda just go with the flow at times.  Life goes on.  ;)  I have no family.  I am missing my dog.  He's taken care of for as long as necessary.  He may come to visit towards the end of the week.  Dogs are welcome here.

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 06:31:35 AM »
This rehab place is having meeting this Thursday re all the social services available, etc. and what I'll need.  TG, I'm Medicare age for all this.  (Can I say two people who were looking for me by room number, looked in . . . person in room didn't compute with age they were told.  :)  Someone from the county visited me in the hospital re services available.

Sometimes I get a little depressed about it all, but mostly not.  Talked to my former / last boss today. :)  He said ya kinda just go with the flow at times.  Life goes on.  ;)  I have no family.  I am missing my dog.  He's taken care of for as long as necessary.  He may come to visit towards the end of the week.  Dogs are welcome here.

Excellent! Also excellent they didn't think you are as old as you are. That'll lift the spirits!

The rehab Mom was in also allowed dogs but Angelo is a JRT and I was afraid he would cause a lot of chaos. I didn't dare bring him even though he was nearly 14 years old at the time.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
Excellent! Also excellent they didn't think you are as old as you are. That'll lift the spirits!

The rehab Mom was in also allowed dogs but Angelo is a JRT and I was afraid he would cause a lot of chaos. I didn't dare bring him even though he was nearly 14 years old at the time.

My boy Burke is an almost 7 YO border terrier.  Related to JRT, but not that active.  Border terrier breed also came from England.  "Border" is the border between northern England and Scotland.

• Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
My boy Burke is an almost 7 YO border terrier.  Related to JRT, but not that active.  Border terrier breed also came from England.  "Border" is the border between northern England and Scotland.

I've never seen a Border Terrier, but I've always loved Border Collies. I'll have to check out the terrier.