Author Topic: Do any of you know why the Charcoal cover(and maybe others) can't be bought new?  (Read 462 times)  

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
I recently picked up a 2nd 7" Oasis for my girlfriend and notice that you can't add on a Charcoal cover. I went looking for it new and it only shows up as used. Was there something about the problem with it sticking that they recalled them or something?
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
I recently picked up a 2nd 7" Oasis for my girlfriend and notice that you can't add on a Charcoal cover. I went looking for it new and it only shows up as used. Was there something about the problem with it sticking that they recalled them or something?
There were a lot of bad reviews of those covers and so they pulled them to redesign them supposedly. I have the leather tan and have no issues. I am glad I managed to get one while they had them. Many folks didn't like the exposed back, which was like on the Oasis1, and some had issues with the magnets not staying on well and others just didn't like it.
There are unfortunately no alternatives to those covers right now at all. Only heavier hard to remove 3rd party covers.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
Thanks, Atunah. Very interesting. Do you know if they pulled the leather ones too?

Yeah, I noticed from day one the thing peeled off really easily from the Oasis. I still really like it, regardless. haha. i wonder what they're going to come up with as a replacement or if they're essentially going to look the same with stronger magnets. As an aside, I went looking for a replacement for my Oasis 6" cover (it's gotten beaten up over the year) as well to no avail.
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Online Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
Thanks, Atunah. Very interesting. Do you know if they pulled the leather ones too?

Yeah, I noticed from day one the thing peeled off really easily from the Oasis. I still really like it, regardless. haha. i wonder what they're going to come up with as a replacement or if they're essentially going to look the same with stronger magnets. As an aside, I went looking for a replacement for my Oasis 6" cover (it's gotten beaten up over the year) as well to no avail.
I think they pulled them all, leather and fabric. But I haven't checked recently.

I lucked out on the Oasis1 cover. I got a replacement a few months ago for $12. I think I posted about that here somewhere after I saw it on mobilereads. I originally had the walnut and while it worked fine, it is a beat beaten up. Plus I wanted a backup. So I got the Merlot then. They were warehouse deals, only for a few days as far as I remember.

Member since 11/20/2008  | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander