Author Topic: Any Analog Sci-Fi Magazine Readers Around?  (Read 288 times)  

Offline Don DeBon

• View Profile
    • Don's Writing Corner
Any Analog Sci-Fi Magazine Readers Around?
« on: December 17, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
I subscribe to both Analog Science Fiction and Fact and Asimov's Science Fiction (a combo deal I got years ago on Nook) and they usually arrive together.  However, a couple of days ago I received Jan/Feb 2018 Asimov's but not Analog.  Anyone seeing this?  Did you receive your issue in the past few days?  I noticed the sales page on both B&N and Amazon show the Jan/Feb 2018 cover, so I assume it is available?

I hate to call customer service as it is always hard to get through especially this time of year, hence I thought  I would ask here first.

Don DeBon | Website | Twitter | Google+

Offline PaulLev

• New York City
  • I was here three months from now.
    • View Profile
    • Paul Levinson's Infinite Regress
Re: Any Analog Sci-Fi Magazine Readers Around?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
You might want to post your question here https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnalogScienceFiction/   (I'm no longer an Analog subscriber, though I did subscribe from the mid 1990s through a little after 2010, when I was also a frequent contributor of stories.)

Offline Don DeBon

• View Profile
    • Don's Writing Corner
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:08:25 PM »
Ironically, it showed up today while waiting for group access.  Thanks for the tip on the group.  It looks interesting.  And if I may ask, why did you stop subscribing?  Interests changed?

Don DeBon | Website | Twitter | Google+

Offline PaulLev

• New York City
  • I was here three months from now.
    • View Profile
    • Paul Levinson's Infinite Regress
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 06:53:33 PM »
I subscribed in the 1990s, when I mostly was writing short stories (more than 25 of them eventually were published in Analog).  I began focusing on writing novels in 1999, and had seven published by Tor in the ensuing years.  The deeper I got into novel writing, the less interest I had in reading shorter fiction.  Eventually, around 2010, I started also writing and publishing short fiction again (some stories in Analog, others elsewhere) but I still had lost the taste for reading short fiction.  But who knows, it might return someday.  And I've lately begun watching, enjoying, and reviewing the short science fiction bounty of free movies on Amazon Prime.