Author Topic: Amazon Author Beta  (Read 2676 times)  

Online Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
  • Storyteller and Cat Minion
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
Amazon Author Beta
« on: December 19, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
Anyone else get an invite to the Amazon Author Beta? Got an email earlier, including:

We invite you to take a special sneak peek at the beta of Amazon Author, the new Author Central experience.

Amazon Author offers a one-stop solution for personalizing your Amazon Author Profile, managing your books, and more around the world. Log in once and youll be able to update your Amazon Author Page in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, India and Japan with biographies in each language. With a new-and-improved site design, Amazon Author works beautifully on your smartphone and tablet as well as your computer.

During the beta period, youll still access some features, such as Sales Rank, U.S. Nielsen BookScan sales data, and Customer Reviews, via Author Central while we work on migrating each to Amazon Author.

So far it looks intriguing. Nice functionality and easy to update bio and picture. Similar functionality to the usual Author Central, though the interface looks a little slicker and faster to respond. Some of the functionality isn't ported over yet, but it looks promising. Other reactions?

Online Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
Re: Amazon Author Beta
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 08:17:14 PM »
One nifty function I don't remember seeing from Author Central--the ability to jump to your author page on several Amazon sites:

Also, you can update your bio quickly on several sites, but it doesn't seem to auto-translate from English to other languages.

Offline C. Gold

• View Profile
    • Golden Elm Publishing
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »
Oh heck, that's nice. I wanna play!

Offline TobiasRoote

• Greece
    • View Profile
    • Tobias Roote Books
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:43:04 PM »
Sounds good. It's about time they produced something integrated like that. I hope I get mine for Xmas :D

Tobias Roote | Website | Facebook | Twitter

Offline Guy Riessen

• View Profile
    • Guy Riessen Author of Dark Fiction
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »
Anyone else get an invite to the Amazon Author Beta? Got an email earlier, including:

So far it looks intriguing. Nice functionality and easy to update bio and picture. Similar functionality to the usual Author Central, though the interface looks a little slicker and faster to respond. Some of the functionality isn't ported over yet, but it looks promising. Other reactions?

haven't been invited yet, but now I'm eager!

Guy Riessen | website

Offline Mark Dawson

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Mark Dawson
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 11:23:50 PM »
Ive had it for six months or so. Its nice and clean. Limited functionality so far, but hopefully its more complete now. Better check!

Offline JackT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:39:22 AM »
I've just got an email on one of my accounts. Sounds interesting.

Online GeneDoucette

• View Profile
    • Gene Doucette's Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 04:09:08 AM »
just the interface with other Amazon country author pages is a fantastic thing.

Offline JackT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 04:28:34 AM »
It looks good. A much nicer design. Most of the functions are still only available via Author Central but once that's integrated it will be worth swapping over, just to have all the countries in one place.

Offline Hal Archer

• Sometimes you need to get muddy.
    • View Profile
    • HalArcher.com
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 07:16:28 AM »
I just got the invite. Wonder if the roll out of this is in any way related to/responsible for the days-long freeze in kdp sales data a few days ago. Integrated access to the different author central accounts/pages is nice. Guess I'll give the beta a go. I came here first to see if anyone has tried it and experienced beta-related glitches.
Writer of the Jake Mudd Adventures series, Jake Mudd Tales, & the Supers Incorporated series!
Hal Archer | author website | bookbub | kobo | apple | amazon | twitter | facebook | goodreads | instagram | pinterest

Online Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
I haven't noticed any glitches yet. Some functionality isn't ported over yet. Looks promising, though. I'd be nice if the KDP publishing pages got a similar new look and layout.

Offline Hal Archer

• View Profile
    • HalArcher.com
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 07:44:07 AM »
Good to know, Jim. I'm on the phone with them right now because I have two Author Central accounts but got the beta invite email to only one and opted in. They are consolidating my two Author Central accounts info/pen names under the one new beta Amazon Author profile (with the ability still within that site to access each pen name for the purposes of dealing with Author Central-type page management. They did clarify that there is no intention to merge kdp accounts with the new Amazon Author account. So, the tab in the new Amazon Author page that says 'Sales Data' will be only the three fields already listed there (once they get that functionality running) and will not include the ebook sales data and kenp page read data that is in the kdp account. That information will still be accessed through one's kdp account. That's what I'm being told, at least. It would be nice to get it all under one page/site though.

[UPDATE] Well, just got off the phone with Sophia from Amazon Author help. She tried to get them merged but evidently the move didn't take. So, she's reaching out to the next level of tech help and will call me back once they sort out the merge.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:50:30 AM by Hal Archer »
Writer of the Jake Mudd Adventures series, Jake Mudd Tales, & the Supers Incorporated series!
Hal Archer | author website | bookbub | kobo | apple | amazon | twitter | facebook | goodreads | instagram | pinterest

Online Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Ineti Press
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 08:38:47 AM »
Interesting info, thanks Hal. Hope you get the tech issues resolved!

Offline Cassie Leigh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 08:40:54 AM »
Being able to merge all of my Author Central logins under one email would be nice.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.
Blog | Video Courses

Offline lincolnjcole

• Ohio
  • Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Lincoln Cole
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
Got mine. Looks cool but a lot of kinks to work out still.

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
  • From the land of song and dragons.
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
Not had an invitation, but it looks promising. I never bothered posting a bio on sites like the Japanese one because I could never work out how to get to Author Central on them - looks like it will be much easier with the new dashboard.

sam kates

Offline aimeeeasterling

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 04:09:12 PM »
I haven't gotten the invitation yet, but I'm glad to hear my procrastination on setting up non-US Author Central accounts is paying off. Just like when I procrastinated on buying Vellum and D2D came through with an excellent, free formatter. I wonder what else I should be procrastinating on?  :)

Try Shiftless and Huntress Born for FREE!
Aimee Easterling | Aimee Easterling - Author Page | Facebook Page

Offline melodybremen

• My computer's name is Oswald
    • View Profile
    • MelodyJBremen.com
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
I got my invitation today. I agree with everyone who said it looks promising.

Melody J. Bremen | website | newsletter

Offline My Dog's Servant

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 03:02:16 AM »
Just want to warn you guys that this will probably all blow up on you.....I just got the beta invite and I NEVER get beta invites....so...you are warned! :P :P :P

But I do love the one link access to all the author central accounts!

Online Jackal Lantern Books

• Northern Maine
  • Jackal Lantern Books
    • View Profile
    • Jackal Lantern Books
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 10:57:22 AM »
Got the invite and thinking of trying it out, but do any of you who have joined know--can you merge more than three pen names under the same account now? Or did they keep that rule of only three per account?

UPDATE-- Amazon responded way fast! But unfortunately, more than three pen names under one account is still not an option. So that's not super helpful. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:16:09 AM by Jackal Lantern Books »

Offline Lee Sutherland

• Los Angeles, CA, USA
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
I'm still waiting to be able to order author copies of my print books...

Lee Sutherland | Twitter

Offline Elizabeth Barone

• Watertown, CT
  • Contemporary Romance & Suspense
    • View Profile
    • Elizabeth Barone: Contemporary Romance & Suspense
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
I'm still waiting to be able to order author copies of my print books...

Are you using KDP to create print editions? If you use CreateSpace (also Amazon), you can order author copies.

Connect With Me: BlogFacebook | Instagram

Offline Hal Archer

• View Profile
    • HalArcher.com
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 11:03:09 AM »
I just received a call back from the Amazon person who was looking into the merger of my pen names which were under two different Author Central accounts (see previous post in this thread) into the single new author.amazon.com account. It took them a while to get the tech aspect done to make this happen, but sure enough she followed up and got it done. I checked it just now when she called to say it was completed. Now, I can switch between those pen names in the one author.amazon.com account. [issue resolved]