Author Topic: Problems Starting to Show on Kindle Touch  (Read 662 times)  

Offline alamogunr

• View Profile
Problems Starting to Show on Kindle Touch
« on: December 25, 2017, 10:52:25 AM »
My wife and I each have a Kindle Touch acquired in early 2012.  We now have almost 850 books split between them, not counting many free books downloaded thru Kindle Unlimited.  Now we are beginning to have problems.  Page turning sometimes takes 2 or 3 seconds as does turning the device on or off.  Also occasionally, when using a menu or the toolbar then returning to a book, we get a message that essentially says that the operation didn't work and gives an option to touch "OK".  That apparently lets us continue as we originally intended.  Not sure what didn't work.

Are these things an indication that the Kindles are fast wearing out?

Also, does a list of books downloaded thru Kindle Unlimited exist?  I sometimes download a book that I've already read and forgotten.

John
WT

Offline alamogunr

• View Profile
Re: Problems Starting to Show on Kindle Touch
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 10:56:23 AM »
Disregard question about Kindle Unlimited list.  I found a list(sort of) in settings.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 06:00:48 AM »
You can check your KU history online at Amazon under 'manage your content and devices'.

As far as the sluggishness of the device is concerned, keeping a lot of books on there will slow it down. If these are all books you've bought from Amazon, just delete them from your Kindle when you've read them and leave them in the cloud - you can always download them again if you need to.

If necessary, you could always reset the Kindle to factory defaults, BUT BE AWARE this will remove all yourbooks AND all personal settings such as wi-fi etc. It's a bit drastic but could be worthwhile if simply removing books doesn't help. It's also worth just restarting your Kindle on a regular basis once you get it back to how you want it.
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline lawnfather

• View Profile
    • Calgary Snow Removal & Lawn Care Services
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:39:41 AM »
clear cache
Lawnfather