KB Featured

by

$
Kindle Edition published 2016-12-10
Bestseller ranking: 289232

Product Description
Where is Adam?

Julie Raynes’ husband has been missing for six months. Devastated and confused, she refuses to believe that he would leave her voluntarily, though her best friend thinks differently. However, her Aunt Alice, a psychic, tells her Adam has been murdered, and when she reveals how she knows this, any hope that Adam is still alive, dissipates.

The police are also beginning to believe that Adam Raynes was murdered. And Julie is their prime suspect. Her life in ruins, Julie vows to hunt down whoever is responsible for Adam’s murder and make them pay for their crime.

In the meantime, David Gray, a young man who was pulled from a lake by a fisherman when he was 9 years old, wakens from a coma after nearly two decades. Unknown to Julie, Adam and David share a dark connection, a darkness that threatens to devour both of them, in a terrifying race with death.

Author Topic: women's literary fiction, NOT romance  (Read 1806 times)  

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
  • I'm a hybrid author with several published novels.
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
Re: women's literary fiction, NOT romance
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
I have a newsletter under my publishing name (I also publish a handful of other authors). We have 560-something subscribers, which I realize is a drop in the bucket compared to some, but we have very little attrition, and good click- and open-rates. Do you also have a newsletter?
i'm putting some together now. do you have any upcoming sales to promote?

Offline MClayton

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »
I don't at the moment, because we're just coming off a holiday sale. What sort of date are you looking at?

Offline mjl1966

• View Profile
    • Let me tell  you a story
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »
I have a book that I thought fit into the women's let category, but I'm not really sure.  It's actually tough to slot just because it really doesn't fit anywhere.  The protagonist is 16, so that right there kind of disqualifies it as women's lit(?).  It's her story as a captive in a human trafficking ring and her subsequent escape.  Centers around her emotional and psychological struggle of keeping her sense of self and then her eventual escape and having to face her tormentor in the end because there is no other way to end his reign of terror.  I currently have it under young adult thriller, which I didn't even know existed until recently.

The problem with slotting it is that it's told from the victim's point of view and she becomes her own hero.  There is a sub-plot about people looking for her and such, but the story is about her and her fight and her victory.  And it's kind of deep thematically for a thriller. (What is the true nature of justice?)

Am I barking up the wrong tree here or is this a possible fit for what you have in mind?  (Broken Wing in my little list below)

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »
I have a book that I thought fit into the women's let category, but I'm not really sure.  It's actually tough to slot just because it really doesn't fit anywhere.  The protagonist is 16, so that right there kind of disqualifies it as women's lit(?).  It's her story as a captive in a human trafficking ring and her subsequent escape.  Centers around her emotional and psychological struggle of keeping her sense of self and then her eventual escape and having to face her tormentor in the end because there is no other way to end his reign of terror.  I currently have it under young adult thriller, which I didn't even know existed until recently.

The problem with slotting it is that it's told from the victim's point of view and she becomes her own hero.  There is a sub-plot about people looking for her and such, but the story is about her and her fight and her victory.  And it's kind of deep thematically for a thriller. (What is the true nature of justice?)

Am I barking up the wrong tree here or is this a possible fit for what you have in mind?  (Broken Wing in my little list below)

i think a young mc doesn't automatically make it ya. it might be litfic. definitely sound like thriller.

Offline Kay Camden

• Midwestern USA
    • View Profile
    • kaycamden.com
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 12:02:46 PM »
You might want to check out Suanne Laqueur, an awesome client of mine:

https://www.amazon.com/Suanne-Laqueur/e/B00L2C9ML8

Suanne Laqueur is your client too?! I just finished THE MAN I LOVE and oh my, everyone needs to go read that book now.
Twisty plots with smart heroines, haunted heroes, ancient feuds, forbidden love, magic, and revenge.
Kay Camden | kaycamden.com

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 04:21:36 PM »
I don't at the moment, because we're just coming off a holiday sale. What sort of date are you looking at?
i think i may do a few in the next couple months....

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 09:24:34 AM »
so  i'm putting a few different newsletters together,   but in the meantime i'm creating a list of writers in my genre on twitter. i figure in-genre retweets make more sense because we have similar audiences.

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 08:31:47 AM »
anyone else?

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »
still looking

Offline ruecole

• Greater Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Elizabeth Cole
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »
I started off writing women's lit fic, but have since switched to children's fiction. I have series of short chick lit books, too. My collection of short stories, Learning to Fly (the dark blue one in my sig line) is mostly women's lit fic, though I tend to write from the guy's perspective. Lol

Rachel Elizabeth Cole Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Online Rosie A.

• Washington, U.S.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
Hi, Katie. I write historical romance but have a women's fiction book in the works. Is this something you'll be doing continually? Meaning, if a bit down the road you might still be looking for more authors to join in?
20th Century & Western Historical Romance
Rose Historicals Website

Online katie78

• Tucson, AZ
    • View Profile
    • Katie O'Rourke
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 04:45:26 PM »
Hi, Katie. I write historical romance but have a women's fiction book in the works. Is this something you'll be doing continually? Meaning, if a bit down the road you might still be looking for more authors to join in?
sure. i'm doing some swaps now and if it goes well, i'll do more.