Author Topic: Labradoodles & Goldendoodles  (Read 835 times)  

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
Re: Labradoodles & Goldendoodles
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
Since the families are spread pretty much all over the southwest, what she's going to do is, after we've met the puppies, each of us is to submit our #1,2,3 choices. That way, it won't matter when we see the puppies on the actual 'meet & greet' weekend of April 28/29.
Then, she'll look at our choices in the order that we actually get to pick (based upon when we paid our deposit).

Since we aren't traveling over on that weekend, she's doing a couple of Facetime events with us. One today & I think one on the 28/29 weekend. I would guess shortly after the 29th we'll know which one is to be ours. My DD & I drive to Flagstaff & pick him up on Mother's Day.

She's got a FB page & has some pics & a couple of videos posted up there. She slacked off a bit this past week because of a family matter.  https://www.facebook.com/RedRockDoodles/
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
I am really excited for you.
THANKS! We're excited too.
But also pretty nervous. Haven't had a puppy since 2004 & philosophies have changed so much. Plus, I'm not at home nearly as much. This pup is going to be 'raised' at my office with all my co-workers. That will be fine, except for the potty training.
Carol in 'burque

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to Skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and shouting: Damn-What a ride!

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 01:44:31 PM »
One word to the wise: crate training
Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
One word to the wise: crate training
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Carol in 'burque

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 07:29:06 AM »
The biggest shock for me with a puppy was having to get up during the night to take her out for a potty break - that's not something you have to do with cats!  If it's been a while, you may have forgotten that part.
I looked at the FB page - those are cute pups!!

Offline CegAbq

• Albuquerque, NM
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:29 AM »
Ah yes. Night time potty breaks! I have my fingers crossed that st 9.5 weeks s/he might just sleep through
Carol in 'burque