Author Topic: Want to read a book on KCloud that is only showing on my Android app  (Read 315 times)  

Offline Kmita1966

• View Profile
I was direct mailed a book by an author friend of mine as a gift, and would like to be able to read it on KCloud while my Android is re-charging. Is there any way to do so? It only shows on my Android device and no way to share it to the Cloud that I can see.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: Want to read a book on KCloud that is only showing on my Android app
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:20:43 PM »
I am pretty sure that kindle apps for full computers -- vs tablets or smartphones -- will only handle AMAZON KINDLE content.  The rationale is, I think, that if you have a whole computer, use word, or acrobat or whatever other program you need to read it.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Kmita1966

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
I may not have been completely clear in my original post. The book was not e-mailed as a .mobi or other file that I sent to my Android app, it was sent directly to my @kindle.com address from my friend's Amazon author account. The only thing I can think of is that there is no share for free books, only for the ones I've actually purchased myself, as this one doesn't even show in my Amazon book list.

Offline Fogeydc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »
Did you look in the Docs section in the MYCD page?

I don't think you can read 'docs' in the Cloud reader, nor can you d/l them to your PC from MYCD or in the K4PC app. As far as I know, anyway.

Kindle for PC will open non-Amazon mobi files; I do it frequently to check that the files are, indeed, OK (not corrupted, etc) before possibly sending them to my @kindle address.

See if you can get the author to email you the mobi file to your regular email. Install the K4PC app from Amazon, then read it there.