Kindle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bargain Book Finds (2018) -- no self promotion, please

9K views 57 replies 9 participants last post by  hamerfan 
#1 ·
Post your found bargain* books here.

(Link to the 2017 thread: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,245940.0.html)

This thread is for all to post their Bargain book finds, no self-promotion please**. Please do not link through other sites -- use KBoards affiliate or generic Amazon links.

We generally try to keep this thread on topic with book posts only, off-topic posts will be "pruned"! This helps people who check the thread whenever they see the "new post" indicator or who have the thread set up for "notify." Thanks for your consideration!

If you have a book of your own to promote, you may start a thread all your own in the Book Bazaar to promote your book, to post news and to talk to your fans! Please do not post here or ask someone to do so on your behalf. You may post in the bargain book threads open to authors, found here:
I'd Buy That Book for a Buck
Bargain Books Under $3
(These links may also be found in the Book Bazaar Threadipedia & FAQ sticky thread.) Of course, you may also list the book in your Avatar and signature. Thanks!

Tip: typing the title of the book in the post as well as adding the image will help people searching for the book!

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

*'bargain' generally means under $5 (inside US - price may vary in other countries) . . .but, buyer beware: prices can change without notice so look before you click!

**"Self-promotion" includes books that the poster has a vested self-interest in--books by friends and family or books that the member is posting on behalf of the author, to include paid or unpaid promotion.

See less See more
#5 ·
Part of the problem with some of the series that I read is that the books are rarely on sale and I think $12.99 is definitely too much to pay for something that will entertain me for a few hours at most. This book falls into that category.
As Death Draws Near, the 5th book in Anna Lee Huber's Lady Darby series is $1.99 right now.

#7 ·

99 cents

A new author picked up a wonderful series after Randall Garret, the original author passed away, and did a good job with this and one other book. Recommended!

#9 ·
#14 ·
It looks like Philippa Carr's entire Daughters of England series is on sale. All titles appear to be $1.99 or $2.99 at posting.
These are ones that I had in print and I've been waiting for the prices to drop before buying them again. I'm not going to link all 20 of them, but here are the first few:

The Miracle at St. Bruno's - $2.99

The Lion Triumphant - $1.99

The Witch from the Sea - $2.99

Sarabond for Two Sisters - $2.99 This was the first one I read many years ago.

#19 ·
The Pennyfoot Hotel: Three complete novels plus a short prequel (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery)
Author: Kate Kingsbury

Prequel: A Perilous Promise
Book 1: Room With a Clue
Book 2: Do Not Disturb
Book 3: Service for Two

$0.99 at posting - also in KU

Phyllis A. Whitney's books were released electronically last year. I bought quite a few of them as they went on sale, but it looks like they have already reissued them (with new ASINs) at lower prices. I filled in the gaps in my collection this morning. The best thing is her books are all standalones so unless you really MUST read things in published order, you can pick and choose if any of them interest you.

The Golden Unicorn $3.99

The Singing Stones $2.99

Feather on the Moon $3.99

#23 ·
The Lightning Thief - Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1 by Rick Riordan is $1.99 at posting

And Today's Deal includes all of L. E. Modesitt Jr's Saga of Recluce for $2.99 each. I haven't read all of them, but I remember really enjoying the first 3 or 4 when they were published.
The Magic of Recluce

#24 ·
The first book in Dorothy Gilman's Mrs Pollifax series, The Unexpected Mrs Pollifax is $2.99 at posting.
I thoroughly enjoyed all of these, but be warned - not all of them are available electronically yet. When I read them all again last year, I had to pull out my print copies to finish the series.
Amazon has the first seven books plus the last one on Kindle.

#26 ·
I really enjoyed Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey series. The first book: Silent in the Grave is $1.99 at posting. This is a new ASIN - Amazon does not show that I have it, but I purchased it back in February of 2009.
This book has one of the most captivating beginnings that I've noticed: "To say that I met Nicholas Brisbane over my husband's dead body is not entirely accurate. Edward, it should be noted, was still twitching on the floor."

Silent in the Sanctuary, book 2, is $3.99 at posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.