Author Topic: No Amazon PW User's Guide on Kindle. Really?  (Read 439 times)  

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
No Amazon PW User's Guide on Kindle. Really?
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:50:43 PM »
My Oasis 2 came with a nice user's guide right on the device.

I gave my Paperwhite to my wife. She need's a user's guide. It doesn't make sense that Amazon doesn't have one.

I gave her the PDF version.

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
Re: No Amazon PW User's Guide on Kindle. Really?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 01:08:27 AM »
My Paperwhites came with a User's Guide which I read and removed from my Paperwhite. There are six editions of the Paperwhite User's Guide, the latest is very recent, but when I try to go to their page it's unavailable. I'm assuming right now it's because their servers are getting maintenance and only insomniacs notice.

I ignored the unavailable page and used "Manage Your Kindle" to download the User's Guide and the 6th Edition is now sitting happily on my default Paperwhite. I assume the 6th Edition, two months old, includes some of the new firmware update features.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:12:12 AM by patrickt »

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 07:07:20 AM »
Even if you register a device to a different account, my experience has been that the first thing the device does when it connects is download the most current user guide for the device. That said, I've always first done a factory reset before registering to a different account.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline GirlFriday

• Love One Another
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:44:34 PM »
Honestly I've never seen the need for a users guide. I got one with each Kindle I bought but never used them. The devices are really very user friendly. If you don't get one when you register your Kindle you can always redownload it. I think a copy is kept your Kindle library on the site and can be downloaded from the Kindle section. :)
Proud owner of a Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, and Phone X

Offline TromboneAl

• Name IRL: Al Macy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
Found it, thanks to you guys!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Al Macy | Web Site | Facebook | Twitter

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:03:33 AM »
Honestly I've never seen the need for a users guide. I got one with each Kindle I bought but never used them. The devices are really very user friendly. If you don't get one when you register your Kindle you can always redownload it. I think a copy is kept your Kindle library on the site and can be downloaded from the Kindle section. :)

Years ago I did something on a PC using a simple word processing program our department endorsed. Another employee watching said, "How did you do that?"

"I read page one of the User's Guide."
"Oh. I haven't gotten that far yet."

User friendly and intuitive only goes so far. User's Guides often have very helpful information.