Author Topic: Fiction Beta Reader and Editing Services  (Read 394 times)  

Offline RMBurgess

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Check Me Out:
Fiction Beta Reader and Editing Services
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:50 PM »
As a published author and freelance editor, I offer a professional level of criticism for fiction writers who are serious about taking their work to the next level.

1. Developmental/Substantive and Structural Editing: $5/2,500 words

-Substantive/Developmental Editing: the document is evaluated as a whole and problems of structure, organization, coherence and consistency are corrected

-Structural Editing: organization and flow of the document is evaluated at sentence and paragraph levels

2. Copy and Line Editing: $5/2,500 words

-Copy Editing: grammar, spelling, punctuation, and other mechanics of style are corrected

-Line Editing: the manuscript is analyzed line by line for word choice, syntax, and meaning

3. Beta Reading: $5/6,000 words

-Beta Reading: critique of organization, plot, structure, chronology, characterization, and more!

What I LOVE: FICTION!! With a preference for all things fantasy. Also included: Romance, YA, NA, Political Intrigue, Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Erotica (as long as it has a plot line), and Horror. I will critique any length manuscript including micro-fiction, short-fiction, and full-length fiction. I also love writers with a unique voice, so give me your heavy accents, weird dialects and rough inflections. I'lll dive right in!

What I DON'T Love: NON-FICTION!! I also don't do religion, poetry, childrens, and westerns.

* As I am new to both Fiverr (the platform I have chosen to work from) and KBoards, I am currently offering specials on all of my gigs to help me get my foot in the door. Take advantage while you can!

Check Me Out At: https://www.fiverr.com/rmburgess
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:13:40 AM by RMBurgess »

Offline RMBurgess

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Check Me Out:
Re: Fiction Beta Reader and Editing Services
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 04:52:46 PM »
I've had a great first week! 3 gigs complete and 2 in progress! Here's a quick review from a satisfied customer:

Gomagpie
"I had a great experience with this gig! I promptly received a great deal of detailed, useful and actionable feedback on my manuscript. rmburgess goes above and beyond and I would happily recommend this gig to anyone looking for a professional edit to take their fiction to the next level."

If you're interested in a service or just want more information on what each gig includes, check out my website!

Offline Day Leitao

• View Profile
    • Author Sites
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 10:05:33 AM »
Guys, I recommend this to everyone! Try it while it's so cheap, and maybe afterwards as well.  ;)

I tried the beta read for a novella and I loved it. It was the best beta read I had for this novella, and I had had a couple professional, strong beta readers. I think I received great suggestions. Now, I don't usually follow suggestions from beta readers, I just use their comments to better understand what is working and what isn't, but those were of the "why didn't I think of it before?" kind. Highly recommended. I might use this seller for a structural edit next time, since I liked it so much.

I also ordered a copy/line edit, because during the beta read she had good comments about clarity and the prose style. After the line edit, the text was heavily marked and rewritten, and I accepted 70 to 80% of the suggestions in this case. I think they were suggestions that improved the prose, while respecting the voice and the style. She describes it as a line/copy-edit, but I'd describe it as a line edit. I liked it very much. 

Offline Rex Jameson

• Speculative fiction dork
    • View Profile
    • Speculative Musings
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:01:41 AM »
These are very reasonable prices. I'll bookmark this thread.

Offline RMBurgess

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Check Me Out:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 01:07:17 PM »
Guys, I recommend this to everyone! Try it while it's so cheap, and maybe afterwards as well.  ;)

Thank you! You are a wonderful writer to work with. I truly appreciate your kind words!