Author Topic: Recommend a Book Marketing Service Provider  (Read 426 times)  

Offline Andrei

• View Profile
Recommend a Book Marketing Service Provider
« on: January 07, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »
So many services, so little time... and most importantly, so little capital/patience to test them all :)

I have to say that when it comes to book marketing services, it's a jungle out there and unfortunately, it seems that for every service which at least "kinda, sorta" works, there are a gazillion which, well... don't.

I think it would be a good idea to have an official(ish) thread dedicated exclusively to book marketing service recommendations. In other words, a thread in which people recommend:

1) service providers which have a great reputation (for example, people who have a decent verifiable track record here on KB)

2) service providers you have personally tested and can vouch for

Unfortunately, I don't have much to offer in the way of #2 but when it comes to #1, I have at least one person in mind.

If possible, let's try to stick to a format when making recommendations. Something simple should be more than enough:

1) Name/username

2) Service type

3) Link

4) Comments

I'll go ahead and break the ice:

1) Name/username: raminar_dixon

2) Service type: promo site stacking

3) Link: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,248239

4) Comments: impeccable reputation on KBoards, haven't found even *one* negative review about him. Submitting your book to tons of promo sites tends to be a royal pain in the you-know-what, so it's good to know there's someone who can do it for you in exchange for a fee I consider very reasonable

Offline Andrei

• View Profile
Re: Recommend a Book Marketing Service Provider
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 06:31:40 AM »
One important remark: let's please limit ourselves to recommending *marketing* service providers. It's pretty easy to find a good cover designer, proofreader and so on. Unfortunately, the waters of the book marketing world tend to be quite murky (compared to most of the other book-related service types), so I think there's tons of value in a thread which focuses exclusively on this dimension.

Online C. Rysalis

• The Writer's Lair
    • View Profile

Olivia Rising | Author page

Offline Andrei

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:42:29 PM »
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,248239.0.html

Heh... two people, two "votes" for Ram thus far it seems :)

Any other suggestions?

Facebook/AdWords/Amazon campaign managers, blog tour organizers, book launch services, author PR services and so on, looking forward to some decent brainstorming!

Offline Andrei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »
Crickets :(

Ridiculously hard to find book marketing service providers with a proven track record.

Designers? Sure.

Editors? No problem.

But marketing service providers? Good luck with that I guess.