Author Topic: Free books on Goodreads  (Read 324 times)  

Offline NatTHill

• View Profile
    • TaiLorMade Books
Free books on Goodreads
« on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:21 PM »
Are the giveaways on goodreads more beneficial for new authors or established authors.

Tailormade Books
Nataisha T Hill | Facebook | Tailormade Books | Google

Offline Joseph M. Erhardt

• U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: Free books on Goodreads
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Now that Goodreads is charging for the giveaways (which never really seemed to help me), I don't see where they're beneficial at all.  But that's just one opinion--mine.

Joseph M. Erhardt

Offline Tizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »
At that price? Neither. If you want to give away copies make the book free via amazon or host giveaways on librarything/instafreebie.

Do be warned that for some authors (this likely depends in genre and how mainstream your writing is, tho) free copies only invite negative reviews. If you're writing on a niche genre whose rules or general story flow are outside the norm, better stay with your audience. Also there's very little to win, imo, from giving many copies away if you only have one novel out. With several there's a (small) change of buy-through, with one you're not really gonna get anything from a large giveaway. So if you do it, keep it small.

Offline RTW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:16:03 AM »
But at least you can run a Goodreads Kindle giveaway even if your book is in KU. I know this because I emailed both GR and KDP and they both said yes, it's allowed.

I'm still deciding if I'm going to do this while it's "only" $59. No way would I even consider it for $119.

Offline Muyassar Sattarova

• Uzbekistan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:29:19 AM »
I suppose it depends on the book. If it can attract readers' attention I think it is beneficial for both of writers!

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac