Author Topic: Backsliding  (Read 591 times)  

Online ShinyTop

• Pensacola
    • View Profile
Backsliding
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:51:12 PM »
I received the Oasis 2 on the day it was released and have used it daily.  During that time I was ill and read a lot.  My O2 had a very slight gradient, did not jump out and was not noticeable unless looking for it.  I did charge it at least every third day and sometimes daily when I read a lot.  I use bold at 3 and brightness at 18.  Loved the increased print per page and used it exclusively. The aluminum cover was cold but warmed up with use.  My hands are not large so it was a little harder to hold but not much. 

Four days ago I began reading on my original Oasis more to compare than anything else.  It only took a few hours use to convince me to switch back.  It is much more comfortable to hold and the battery life is better.  I like the whiter light of the original Oasis and it holds in one hand better.  Now if I could just buy another battery cover with the fabric of the charcoal cover I got with my O2.   
Its unlucky to be superstitious.

Offline CAR

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
Re: Backsliding
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
I received the Oasis 2 on the day it was released and have used it daily.  During that time I was ill and read a lot.  My O2 had a very slight gradient, did not jump out and was not noticeable unless looking for it.  I did charge it at least every third day and sometimes daily when I read a lot.  I use bold at 3 and brightness at 18.  Loved the increased print per page and used it exclusively. The aluminum cover was cold but warmed up with use.  My hands are not large so it was a little harder to hold but not much. 

Four days ago I began reading on my original Oasis more to compare than anything else.  It only took a few hours use to convince me to switch back.  It is much more comfortable to hold and the battery life is better.  I like the whiter light of the original Oasis and it holds in one hand better.  Now if I could just buy another battery cover with the fabric of the charcoal cover I got with my O2.   

The O2 is the first new Kindle I skipped for a long time.  Still using my original Oasis for many of the reasons you stated.   The larger screen was so tempting too!

K2US v2.5.7 / 2x(One is SO)K3 White 3G/Wi-Fi + Oberon Bold Celtic in Black / 2x PW2 3G W/O / Voyage 3G W/O / PW3 3G W/O / Oasis 3g W/O

Offline Paperbackstash

• View Profile
Re: Backsliding
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:23:35 PM »
I really like the idea of the waterproof Oasis, but I don't want one so large. I like them Paperwhite size the best, so to me it looks awkward.