KB Featured
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Omnibus Editions in KU--Can Someone Clarify?  (Read 190 times)  

Online AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
    • View Profile
Omnibus Editions in KU--Can Someone Clarify?
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:09:40 AM »
I keep hearing conflicting information on whether you can have  your individual books in KU, along with an omnibus edition. This is your own material, with you owning the copyright, not stuffing of any sort--say, for instance, two books that make one complete story. Some folks have said you can have them up, but should only have the two individual books enrolled in KU, not the omnibus (or vice versa.) Glancing around I have seen plenty where both are in KU. I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem with customers reading the same thing twice, as all the ones I saw were quite obvious and not presented as something 'new.'
Anyway, a bit of clarification from you very knowledgeable folks would be helpful!
Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Online Abderian

• View Profile
    • JJ Green
Re: Omnibus Editions in KU--Can Someone Clarify?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 03:27:56 AM »
There's no problem with publishing your own individual books in KY and the same books in an omnibus in KU. The problems resulted from different practices involving groups of authors. If you've read differently, people are getting confused.

J.J. Green | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Online AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
    • View Profile
Re: Omnibus Editions in KU--Can Someone Clarify?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 03:54:35 AM »
Thanks for your prompt reply. I thought that was the case, but wasn't 100% sure.
Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac