KB Featured

by

$
Kindle Edition published 2016-12-10
Bestseller ranking: 289232

Product Description
Where is Adam?

Julie Raynes’ husband has been missing for six months. Devastated and confused, she refuses to believe that he would leave her voluntarily, though her best friend thinks differently. However, her Aunt Alice, a psychic, tells her Adam has been murdered, and when she reveals how she knows this, any hope that Adam is still alive, dissipates.

The police are also beginning to believe that Adam Raynes was murdered. And Julie is their prime suspect. Her life in ruins, Julie vows to hunt down whoever is responsible for Adam’s murder and make them pay for their crime.

In the meantime, David Gray, a young man who was pulled from a lake by a fisherman when he was 9 years old, wakens from a coma after nearly two decades. Unknown to Julie, Adam and David share a dark connection, a darkness that threatens to devour both of them, in a terrifying race with death.

Author Topic: GooglePlay pre-orders  (Read 389 times)  

Offline ruecole

• Greater Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Elizabeth Cole
GooglePlay pre-orders
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:50 AM »
Has anyone done one? Can you walk me through it? Or share a link to a thread where someone has?

Thanks!

Rachel Elizabeth Cole Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Online RBN

• View Profile
Re: GooglePlay pre-orders
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
When you fill out the metadata, make the On Sale Date your future release date. If you're uploading a placeholder file, choose No Preview Before On Sale Date at the bottom of the Settings tab so nobody's first impression is your placeholder file! When the final file is uploaded, you can either change the Preview Availability Date to the current date or leave it without a preview until release day.

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
  • From the land of song and dragons.
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »
I uploaded a preorder to Google yesterday. As the poster above says, it's simply a case of making the on sale date your release date. Otherwise, it's exactly the same as uploading a book for immediate release.

sam kates

Offline ruecole

• Greater Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Elizabeth Cole
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Thanks, guys. So I need to upload a placeholder file and not just my cover file?

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:43 AM »
Thanks, guys. So I need to upload a placeholder file and not just my cover file?

I uploaded the final manuscript and cover so didn't have to consider this issue.

sam kates

Offline ruecole

• Greater Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Elizabeth Cole
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »
My book is nearly done. Guess I could upload the epub for book 2 so if it accidentally goes live it's not a rough draft. Lol

One other question: can you change the release date after you hit publish?

Thanks!

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 04:03:10 PM »
Since I've only ever uploaded final files when doing a preorder and have never attempted changing anything before the publication date, I can't help, sorry. (I've read too many stories about indies losing preorder privileges on Amazon that the thought of uploading a placeholder brings me out in a cold sweat.)

sam kates

Offline ruecole

• Greater Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Rachel Elizabeth Cole
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 07:02:21 PM »
I won't do a pre-order on amazon until the book is finished, but I thought GooglePlay was supposed to be more forgiving?

Offline Sam Kates

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Sam Kates
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 02:22:29 AM »
I'm new to Google and I've been treating it the same way I do Amazon - with kid gloves. Maybe someone who has more experience with the platform will come along and be able to help you.

sam kates

Online Marty South

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:14 AM »
I'm nervous about all of them as far as pre-orders go, so I don't set up pre-orders until I've received and reviewed my first proofread. I upload a final when I've reviewed my second proofread. That way, worst case: readers see a sample of a proofread, nearly final draft. Or, in the case of my WIP, I cut it too close and may release the first proofread and update to the second as soon as it comes in.  :-[

The stores people need to be aware of are:
  • Kobo, which offers a sample whether you want them to or not; and
  • iBooks gives you the option, but it's way to easy to miss that, so you need to be sure to uncheck that box before uploading, or there will be a sample.