Author Topic: Kindle Screen Problem  (Read 406 times)  

Offline ademkocabas

• View Profile
Kindle Screen Problem
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:31:42 AM »
Hi everyone; I purchased a kindle paperwhite 3. But I have a problem. When I click a button or when ı change the pages of the books screen is blinking. Before  change the page or open the kindle menu , the screen gets dark and then turns black the normal color. Have you ever met this problem? And what can I do for this problem. Thanks in advance for your helps and ideas. 

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Screen Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:33:32 AM »
Go to "Setting" and then "Reading Options". The top item is now "Page Refresh". Turn it off.

Now, it should do the "fade to black" once every six or seven pages.

If that didn't work, I'd recommend a hard reset. I do a hard reset once or twice a year. It's like a tune-up. Warning, you will have to reload your books and reset your parameters.

To do a hard reset on a Paperwhite 3, go go "settings". Then a second "settings". Select the option "reset".

Offline ademkocabas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 04:05:21 AM »
Thank you for advice. I've reseted it. But  it  does the "fade to black" once every three or four pages.
It is better then old version.

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:19:51 AM »
I think the every 3-4 pages is the norm when that setting is Off. I don't even notice it anymore on my Voyage.

Heck, just the other day I tried to physically turn a paper page on the darn thing. Again. I've done that maybe 5 times between my PWs and the Voyage. It totally knocks me back to reality instead of being in the story.  :'(

Offline ademkocabas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 12:26:34 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'solved my screen problem. The problem is about the files which were uploaded by me.  I uploaded pdf files. When I upload files which has kindle extension, I didn't see any problem. I find a website to convert from pdf to kindle files. It is online and free. If you have this kind of problem. Maybe you can try this. 

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac