Author Topic: Erotica/ERomance February Deals Promo Feb. 9-13 Up and Running!  (Read 804 times)  

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
Erotica/ERomance February Deals Promo Feb. 9-13 Up and Running!
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
Greetings everyone. I hope you had a great start to 2018. It's time to start planning the Valentine/February erotica/erotic romance deals promo. For this promo, I'm looking for Valentine or romantic themed stories. You can have 1-3 titles, and the prices should be either FREE or $0.99. It's good to have a free title and/or a title at $0.99. You're looking to give people a sample to try, so they'll hunger for more and go through your catalog of other titles.

This is also the start of my new pricing for the New Year. I will have priority listings which will guarantee you in the list and a place in the ad banner. This will now have a price of $5 per author name. I know some people have a couple author names, and it will be $5 per name. If you opt for this, I'll send you the info in a PM, with Paypal being used as payment option.

I will still be taking listings that will be for FREE, but they will be after the priority listings in the master list. Plus, cover won't be included in the ad banner.
I hopefully explained how I was having trouble with finances and was going to have to start charging for my promos, but I wanted to add it is to help with my own writing expenses since my savings have dried up from working full-time several years ago. So, the fees go to support my writing costs such as editing and buying covers. So, in a sense, it will go back into the writing community since it will be paying to help produce more Indie books.

Thank you all for understanding. I've struggled in making this decision, but the bottom line is, I want to keep writing. Charging for priority listing in the promos will help me with this.  ;D

Here's the info:
Promo Dates: Feb. 9- 13 (5 days)
1-3 titles set to $0.99 or Free

Need from author:
Title of books on sale, your pen name, genre of book(s), link to book

Why promote with other authors?
It is more cost effective. You're not paying a third party website $70. You're sharing the opportunity to have your link go out on fellow erotica author lists, and they are doing the same. Plus, followers on your blog and newsletter will appreciate the deals and love to discover new authors. On my newsletter stats, the erotica deals are still have higher opens than other campaigns.

Everyone that has done these with me before is welcomed back, and new erotica or erotic romance authors, here's your chance to get on board with a promo. I take about 10-12 authors. But, I will take priority sign-ups over free sign-ups. If the spaces fill up with priority authors, there won't be FREE spaces available.

Please PM with your info. You can also post you're interested on the thread, but remember, Kboards doesn't allow links to erotica books anymore. ;-(

For a look at previous promos, here's a link to my Thanksgiving promo on my blog:
https://lyndabelle.com/2017/11/17/thanksgiving-erotica-deals-free-and-0-99-nov-17-21/

And here is the Christmas Promo thread:
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,258560.0.html

When the promo starts: ***Info is sent out a week before, and then everyone sends out the info list of authors/titles names/links to everyone on their blog list and newsletter list. As the promo runs, track stats for sales and traffic at blog to share on promo thread. It's great to see how everyone is doing.

So, that's it. Please PM or post on thread if interested. Thank you for all the support over the last 2 years of running these promos. I look forward to working with many of you for years to come.
-Lynda
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:13:44 PM by lyndabelle »

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Erotica/ERomance February Deals Promo Feb. 9-13 Taking sign-ups now!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:32:10 AM »
Good to hear from you all. Getting a few sign-ups to start us out. Still have SEVERAL openings. Just PM that you are interested or add to this thread.-Lynda

Offline AmandaLutterman

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »
Sadly, I'll be sitting this one out for this year  :(

I don't have any V day books published, BUT I do have a couple in the works, so NEXT YEAR!

I wish everyone the absolute best with this promo, and I hope to meet up with the wonderful Ms. Belle come March!

Paranormal Romance
Amanda Lutterman | BLOG | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | IG | TWITTER

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:37:32 AM »
I'll join in. :-)
I've sent you a PM, Lynda Belle.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:46:43 AM by Lady TL Jennings »
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

http://www.mysecretquill.com

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 01:29:34 PM »
I'll join in. :-)
I've sent you a PM, Lynda Belle.
Got your info. You're on the list with a free spot. It will be listed below the priority and no cover in the banner. But I've got Free slots still and lots of priorities. So, Free slots will most likely fill up the fastest.

So, to everyone reading, just an update too. There will be some free and priority slots. The free slots will fill up first. So either sign up early and let me know which slot you'd like. The priority and $5 fee gets you in guaranteed, and your cover on the banner.

I'm really pushing for erotic romances this promo! The Valentine promo does pretty well since people are hungry for this at this time of year. So, it's a good promo to be a part of.

Here's the links for the threads the last 2 years. You can see how things have progressed. This officially starts off my 3rd year of doing promos like this. It all started back in Feb. 2016 with this promo.  ;D

2017 Valentine Thread
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,246626.0.html

2016 Valentine Thread (This was the first erotica/erotic romance promo EVER that I did)
https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,230707.0.html

Note: I moved this year's promo closer to Valentine's Day since it did better that way the previous year in 2016.

Hurry and grab a spot. PM me and let me know on the thread you sent me the info. That does help. ;-)
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »
Sadly, I'll be sitting this one out for this year  :(

I don't have any V day books published, BUT I do have a couple in the works, so NEXT YEAR!

I wish everyone the absolute best with this promo, and I hope to meet up with the wonderful Ms. Belle come March!

No problem. There will definitely be a St. Patrick's Day/March promo. That is a good promo with results too. ;-)

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »
So, still have openings left, both FREE and Priority. Got about 4 authors, and have room for some more. Keep'em coming. ;-)  :P
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 11:55:38 AM »
Down to just a few Free slots left. Still have priority spots that get your cover in the banner and higher on the master deals list. The Valentine's promo is great since lots of people are in the mood for erotic romances. Join up! The promo starts next Friday! -Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 01:49:13 PM »
Doing official last call for this promo. Master list should be going out in the next few days. I'll post the banner in an upcoming post on my blog.
Again, LAST CALL to sign up. I have just a couple free slots, and definitely priority slots left. To guarantee a slot in the banner and placement high on the list, sign up for the priority listing for only $5.
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Erotica/ERomance February Deals Promo Feb. 9-13 LAST CALL for sign-ups!!
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 09:38:31 PM »
ABSOLUTELY last call for a priority listing! I'm making up the banner tomorrow. So, last call. Either post on this thread or send me a PM.
I've got 7 authors, and that leaves just a few more slots. -Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 09:50:46 PM »
Okay. Absolutely last call for this promo. Sending out the master list tomorrow. So, LAST CALL! -Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »
So, I've just posted the banner. For the participating authors or anyone else that would like to post about this promo, here is the banner on my blog.
https://lyndabelle.com/2018/02/08/coming-soon-erotic-romance-deals-feb-9-13/
Here is the full blog post with the master list for my newer authors if you need a sample:
https://lyndabelle.com/2018/02/09/erotic-romantic-deals-feb-9-13-0-99-free/

Here are the participating authors:

1)   Lynda Belle
2)   Jacinta Laurenti
3)   Cordova Sky
4)   Marilyn Vix
5)   Lady TL Jennings
6)   Colbie Dunbar
7)   Pia Monroe

The master list will be going out later today. Thank you all for joining up for the promo.  ;)
-Lynda
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 01:12:51 PM by lyndabelle »

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Erotica/ERomance February Deals Promo Feb. 9-13 Up and Running!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
So, everything is up and running for the promo. For participating authors, let me know how your stats are doing at the end of today. I use the info for planning the next promo. I like to repeat the things that are successful and edit things that are not. So, it's good to know what is working or not working.  ;)

If you're a newer author and would like to see a sample or are thinking of participating in my March/St. Patrick's Day promo, here is my post about the deals on my blog for a sample:
https://lyndabelle.com/2018/02/09/erotic-romantic-deals-feb-9-13-0-99-free/

Happy Friday too! Have a great weekend! -Lynda

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 03:30:11 PM »
Thanks for arranging this Lynda Belle, you're awesome!
Oh, and there is a tiny typo in the master list that you sent out, my author name is Lady T.L. Jennings (and not Lady T.J Jennings),
but I don't think anyone will notice that.  :)

My Highlander story is on #3,895 Free, and climbing...
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
Thanks for arranging this Lynda Belle, you're awesome!
Oh, and there is a tiny typo in the master list that you sent out, my author name is Lady T.L. Jennings (and not Lady T.J Jennings),
but I don't think anyone will notice that.  :)

My Highlander story is on #3,895 Free, and climbing...
I'm so sorry for the typo. I can send a message to everyone to change the J. in your initial to a L.
From my stats so far, there seems to be a lot of downloads for your highlander freebie. I can't wait until I can see some of the stats for how everyone is doing the first day.  ;)
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 10:17:05 PM »
My stats for Friday and Saturday have been pretty good so far. Total Free=223 so far. I've only had two sales for my $0.99, but with a few days left, might get a few more. Lots of traffic to the blog, and the newsletter list has 23% open rate, and 13% clicks, but like tons of clicks, 486 to be exact, to links to books. My "Cat For Two" freebie title is #12 in 1 hour romances right now.

So, excellent start! Any participating authors, feel free to post how the promo is going for you. We still got 2 more days to go. I'm looking forward for the numbers to still go up.

***And, on the last day, Feb. 13, it's good to post a "Last Chance" post to let people know it's the last day.

-Lynda

Online Dragovian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »
Since the list went out on Friday, I've had 21 sales on my 99c short on Amazon, and a handful of sales on Kobo and B&N.

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
Since the list went out on Friday, I've had 21 sales on my 99c short on Amazon, and a handful of sales on Kobo and B&N.
AWESOME! That's great results. I'm happy to hear a $0.99 is getting some good sales too. ;-)
-Lynda

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 10:51:26 AM »
Here are my results from the Valentine's Book Promo:

I had 180 downloads of my free Highlander novelette story.
My best days were Day 1 and Day 2. I made a "Last call" shout on Twitter and got a couple of extra downloads.

Day 1: 66
Day 2: 62
Day 3: 18
Day 4: 13
Day 5: 11

My best rank was Day 2:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,252 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
    #4 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Victorian
    #8 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Historical
    #91 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Romantic Erotica

I didn't have any sales of my $0.99 novella, but a couple of hundred pages reads trickled in, so I shouldn't complain...

Thank you so much for arranging this promo, Lynda Belle and everyone who participated!  :)