Author Topic: Latest on sales/borrows to rank?  (Read 1759 times)  

Offline Cassie Leigh

• View Profile
Re: Latest on sales/borrows to rank?
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
Is that the gospel truth? Books are always selling. My understanding, which may be flawed, is if a book is ranking at 50k at noon, then 40k at 1:00 pm, it means a sale or borrow occurred "roughly" in the interim.

It's not real-time. I've definitely seen delays in ranks updating relative to book sales. Just look for the threads where someone is running their first Bookbub promo and their rank is getting worse while the dashboard is showing 20 sales already and they ask what the hell's going on. It's why on a big promo day you might get your best rank at 2 or 3 in the morning even though most of the sales were in place before bedtime. (This for someone in the U.S.)

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.
Blog

Offline Scrapper78

• Connecticut
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Latest on sales/borrows to rank?
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 04:55:17 AM »
It's not real-time. I've definitely seen delays in ranks updating relative to book sales. Just look for the threads where someone is running their first Bookbub promo and their rank is getting worse while the dashboard is showing 20 sales already and they ask what the hell's going on. It's why on a big promo day you might get your best rank at 2 or 3 in the morning even though most of the sales were in place before bedtime. (This for someone in the U.S.)

Happening to me right now. Had a book sell twenty copies in the last eighteen hours. Ranks is still 170,000.

Facebook
Andrew Vaillencourt |