Author Topic: Editing as a necessary part of the writing process  (Read 401 times)  

Offline EditBerry

• View Profile
Editing as a necessary part of the writing process
« on: January 20, 2018, 09:15:48 AM »
Editing is a necessary part of the writing process and often confused by authors as something to append when they get to the very end. From experience we have come across a large number of authors who stumble at this stage - if it needs doing, it takes time. We provide a range of services at EditBerry, but the two most neglected are design of the book cover and the editing of the manuscript.

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Editing as a necessary part of the writing process
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:50:44 AM »
Hi, EditBerry!  Sorry for the late welcome.  Better late than never!

Welcome to the KB Writers Cafe!

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe!

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages Listing, found here:
http://www.kboards.com/yp/

The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service wil be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again to post to. And, you may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (such as this post), you may reply but otherwise must wait seven days, thanks!

Note that members may provide civil and honest feedback about your service to this thread, and you may respond in a civil manner. Disputes between you and clients should be handled off site.

Betsy
KBoards Moderator

Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service, for example, by asking KB members for feedback and doing an Internet search such as "service provider name" complaints.
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Online idontknowyet

• View Profile
Re: Editing as a necessary part of the writing process
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:36:13 AM »
If you are offering a service, you are going to want to list prices, experience, your website/contact info, and genres you edit.