Author Topic: two account, two (different) libraries, same computer, possible?  (Read 270 times)  

Offline Jeremiah

• View Profile
Hi,

I would like to have two different Kindle accounts, each with its own email, each with its own (different) library.  One account for non-fiction, one account for fiction.  This is because I don't like to mix the books.

I would like to be able to log out of Kindle on the same computer, and log in to the other account.
Is that possible?

William

Offline Dennis E. Taylor

• Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • No electrons were harmed in making this tagline
    • View Profile
    • Author web site
Re: two account, two (different) libraries, same computer, possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 09:23:55 AM »
Physically, it is possible. However, I think Amazon's TOS precludes it (you might want to check that). On the other other hand, if you are an author, you can have an author account and a purchasing account that are distinct. I have that, and it works fine.

edit: But you can't attach a kindle to both accounts. Sorry, I realized after the fact that's what you were aiming for.

edit edit: (I really need more coffee) If you wanted to get fancy, you could have a different login account on your PC for each. Since kindle stores the account information in a subfolder of My Documents, each account would have its own kindle files. Seems like a lot of work, though.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:27:35 AM by Dennis E. Taylor »

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: two account, two (different) libraries, same computer, possible?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
There is no problem having more than one Amazon account. You'd just use two different email addresses. My husband and I, for example, have two accounts.

Once you have any Amazon account, you can register a kindle to it. But any given kindle can only be registered to one account at a time.

For me, I have a collection called 'non-fiction' which is where I put books that are not fiction. That keeps 'em separate from my fiction books.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR