Author Topic: First Oasis  (Read 780 times)  

Offline amyberta

• View Profile
First Oasis
« on: January 28, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
Can I listen to a book from Overdrive on my Oasis one? I know there was an update but I dont know if its
for that one.
Thanks

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
Re: First Oasis
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:31 PM »
Yes. I just rented both audiobooks and ebooks from the NY public library and it works on both my Oasis 6" and 7". Not sure of other states. The library rental system works much better on Kobo 8". A little clumsy on a Kindle but works fine.
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline amyberta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:00:46 PM »
Thanks, Ill give it a try. Do I just download a book on Overdrive and send it to my Oasis?

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:17:14 AM »
You have to have a library card and your library has to carry the book you want to borrow. If it does, you essentially borrow it through your library, though you can use the Overdrive site to search for titles. When you borrow it, you get sent to Amazon to download the kindle file. I'm not sure how it differs if what you're borrowing is an audiobook as I've never done that. I suspect you still need a local library card, though.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline amyberta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 05:49:57 AM »
You have to have a library card and your library has to carry the book you want to borrow. If it does, you essentially borrow it through your library, though you can use the Overdrive site to search for titles. When you borrow it, you get sent to Amazon to download the kindle file. I'm not sure how it differs if what you're borrowing is an audiobook as I've never done that. I suspect you still need a local library card, though.

Thanks Ann,
I do have a library card and I do get books for my kindle from Overdrive. I think the audio books from Overdrive for the first Oasis is new. I may give it a try.

Offline amyberta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 03:22:23 PM »
I downloaded an audio book from Overdrive,but it said mp3. Will I still be able to listen to it?

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac