Author Topic: Portable battery  (Read 416 times)  

Offline __Amy__

• View Profile
Portable battery
« on: February 01, 2018, 10:15:48 AM »
I have a 2015 kindle fire hdx that I need to buy a portable battery big enough to charge device.  I have a portable battery but the fire says it isnt carving. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline jobo132435

• View Profile
Re: Portable battery
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:49:06 AM »
Batteries come in more or less the following " sizes" 2500 mw/h, 5000mw/ h and a 1000mw/h ( give or take a few MW) as a rule of thumb 2500 will charge a phone battery once, from empty to full. 5000, will charge a kindle once to full and a phone twice. Therefore it follows that a 1000 will charge a kindle twice.

However if your kindle battery is jiggered, it may well lose charge almost as fast as it gains it and you may need a,1000 mw/h just to keep up.

There is not really a Great difference in price from the bottom to the top, it really just the physical sieze that you need to carry with you that's the deciding factor

Offline jobo132435

• View Profile
Re: Portable battery
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 06:01:25 AM »
Just to add, its sensible to buy an " exspebsive battery from a known distributor, in person or through their web site and not a,cheap one from the unknown source that frequenting eBay ect,
There are two reasons for this, one, the fact that lithium batteries have an unfortunate habit of bursting in to flames, the only thing stopping this from happening is the quality of the control circuits abd the batteries them selves, lithium batteries are fairly cheap, good quality batteries and , good quality control circuits are not, AND far more commonly, there is a tenancy to massively over state the capacity of the battery, which is very difficult to verify with out test equipment. A half or even a quarter of the claimed out put is quite likely.

Even with major retailers there is commonly an over statement of capacity, they quote an output in mh based on3.6 volts but give an actual output of 5volts, this effective makes the real capacity about 25%less