Kindle Forum banner

Name an inflatable cowboy

5K views 68 replies 27 participants last post by  Valerie A. 
#1 ·
So I need some naming help once again. The scene involves a guy that died and the two MCs need to stash the body quickly. They're at a motel in Odessa, TX, and they see a decoration with an inflatable cowboy sitting on a bench. They swap the dead guy out with him and put the cowboy's clothes on the dead guy, which leaves them with a naked inflatable cowboy in the backseat. Lily (the FMC) gets kind of attached to him and gives him a name, which she mentions when they're crossing the border because he's mistaken for another person in the car. Later on he gets popped in a fit of rage. What's a good name for him?

#29 ·
Paranormal Kitty said:
Could I get sued for that?
You can be sued for anything at anytime, but does the suit have legs? That is, will it survive a Motion for Summary Judgment?

I was a lawyer. Puff Daddy is frelling funny, and kudos to Colin. If it was me, I'd use it, but then, I believe not only can I beat the rap, I can stand the ride, too.

YMMV.

#30 ·
antares said:
You can be sued for anything at anytime, but does the suit have legs? That is, will it survive a Motion for Summary Judgment?

I was a lawyer. Puff Daddy is frelling funny, and kudos to Colin. If it was me, I'd use it, but then, I believe not only can I beat the rap, I can stand the ride, too.

YMMV.
Haha, I'm strongly leaning toward going with it. It makes sense that character would come up with that too.

Colin said:
Popalong Cassidy
Dude, if you don't tour with a comedy act, you totally should.

#31 ·
Okay, considering the double entendre potential inherent in the blow-up doll (cowboy) scenario I'll probably get in trouble for mentioning these but how about:

Woody (from Toy Story)

Johnny Hard-.. (Johnny Hardin from history and Maverick)

Just trying to be funny, in case the FMC is ornery too.  No offense intended (or is that entendred).

#32 ·
D A Bale said:
Okay, considering the double entendre potential inherent in the blow-up doll (cowboy) scenario I'll probably get in trouble for mentioning these but how about:

Woody (from Toy Story)

Johnny Hard-.. (Johnny Hardin from history and Maverick)

Just trying to be funny, in case the FMC is ornery too. No offense intended (or is that entendred).
I think Woody is on my list now...probably pending research on how likely I would be to get sued by Puff Daddy. Ornery is the FMC's defining character trait, haha...there is already quite a bit of double entendre.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.