Author Topic: At least a hundred books published?  (Read 2288 times)  

Offline eroticatorium

• View Profile
Re: At least a hundred books published?
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
I've got more than 2000 published books, most of them relatively short erotica and bundles of relatively short erotica. But that probably includes about 150 nonfiction and other genres (plus I've got a couple completed scripts I'm shopping around, one of which has a real chance of being bought soon). I write 7k to 10k words every day, seven days a week.
All that you would, you are

And that is the crown of a craving.

You are slaves of the wormwood star.     

Analysed, reason is raving.
       Feeling, examined, is pain.

What heaven were to hope for a doubt of it!

Life is anguish, insane

And death is - not a way out of it!

Offline hopecartercan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 02:50:05 PM »
I've got more than 2000 published books, most of them relatively short erotica and bundles of relatively short erotica. But that probably includes about 150 nonfiction and other genres (plus I've got a couple completed scripts I'm shopping around, one of which has a real chance of being bought soon). I write 7k to 10k words every day, seven days a week.

Wow, do you mind  me asking how long you've been at this gig?

Offline Guy Riessen

• View Profile
    • Guy Riessen Author of Dark Fiction
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 03:43:51 PM »
This is a carefully phrased question designed to be answerable as either, YES or NO--apparently it's a subject which, regardless of how carefully phrased, really tweaks a sore spot for quite a few of you.  ;)

Here's my answer: No

Guy Riessen | website

Offline eroticatorium

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 04:57:44 PM »
Wow, do you mind  me asking how long you've been at this gig?

Like five years or so (obviously I wasn't as productive in the beginning as I am now though, I was part-time for a long time).
All that you would, you are

And that is the crown of a craving.

You are slaves of the wormwood star.     

Analysed, reason is raving.
       Feeling, examined, is pain.

What heaven were to hope for a doubt of it!

Life is anguish, insane

And death is - not a way out of it!

Offline CoraBuhlert

• Bremen, Germany
    • View Profile
    • Cora Buhlert
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2018, 05:41:06 AM »
If you include short stories and translations, I have more than 100.

Cora Buhlert | Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram | [url=http://www.pint

Offline CaraS.

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2018, 06:23:01 AM »
According to Book Report I have 235. That does not include preorders, of which I probably have ten titles on preorder right now). Also, that includes a good thirty to forty old erotica shorts that are no more, a good 50 or so omnibuses, 15 30,000-word shorts (which I do not consider in my total because they're not full novels), and about 10 temporary samplers that have come and gone. I have published more than 100 full novels, though. I passed that mark between my two names in September. And, yes, notjohn. They're all total crap.

Amanda is a lean, mean writing machine!  ;D I think there are peaks and valleys in writing and at some point in your career, you hit a high point: the work just flows almost flawlessly, and the more you write, the better and faster you get. I was at that point in my late 30s, early 40s. Now I'm 65+, and work goes slower, have to be much more careful, not to mention laboring over the rewrite/edits.

Oddly enough though, one of my novels has made most of my money at 5 figures. The others sell, but somehow that one is a lasting and continuing seller. If I could repeat it, I would. But I can't, and still don't know exactly why that novel is so popular. 

Offline Sam Rivers

• Planet Earth
  • Sci Fi Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
Oddly enough though, one of my novels has made most of my money at 5 figures. The others sell, but somehow that one is a lasting and continuing seller. If I could repeat it, I would. But I can't, and still don't know exactly why that novel is so popular. 

My sister had a novel like that and it made more money than the others put together. I thought some of her other books were better, but this one sold the best and kept selling.

Offline Crystal_

• Portland, OR
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 02:17:49 PM »
I think 100 books is over kill if your primary goal is to make money. Better to write 10 tightly targeted, commercial books in the same genre/niche than to write 100 books that are all over the place.

Of course, it's best to write 100 tightly targeted books, but you don't need to write that many books to make a living. Three to six books a year is plenty if they're the right books with the right marketing.

Offline katrina46

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 06:38:01 PM »
You included shorts, so yeah, there are erotica writers who do a few hundred a year, and 50k novelist who do a book a week. I started in erotica and then switched to romance. If you count everything I've done since 2012, I left 100 titles in the dust a long time ago.