Author Topic: Narrator/Voice Actor who loves artists and creators!  (Read 81 times)  

Offline DenaDahilig

• Los Angeles, CA
  • Narrator/Voice Actor
    • View Profile
    • Dena Dahilig Voiceover
Narrator/Voice Actor who loves artists and creators!
« on: February 09, 2018, 03:31:12 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I'm pretty excited to be here, and I'm really interested in exploring how the written word adapts to the spoken word.

I'm a voice actor based out of Los Angeles and, although most of my work is in commercial radio/television and corporate content, I have been asked to narrate three audiobooks to date. Two are considered "cozy mysteries" (I never even knew this term existed!) and the third - the one I am currently recording - is an autobiography.

Reading in the first person, without much dialogue, has been... elevating. Maybe that's not the right word, but I've been really touched by the author's life path and challenges and passions. And the fact that she is no longer with us makes it poignant to be speaking her words. It's fulfilling unlike any other piece I've recorded in my career.

So it seems that narration has a foothold on me, and I'm looking forward to learning more from authors about their processes and passions.

Please feel free to share your writing journey!

Dena
- - - - - - - - - - - -
www.denadahilig.com