Author Topic: New Kindle Firmware Update 5.9.4  (Read 4726 times)  

Offline dckindles

• View Profile
Re: New Kindle Firmware Update 5.9.4
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 04:20:18 PM »
Im having an issue. When I get a new book it doesnt automatically download but stays in queue grayed out. I need to do a hard reset before it will download. I talked to support and its a known problem and is being worked as priority.  Should be fixed in a day or two according to the help desk. I have a Voyage, but its not limited to it.

The help desk called and said the issue has been fixed.

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 03:23:47 PM »
I just manually updated my Voyage to 5.9.5.1 and it caused the voyage to loose all downloaded books as well as not showing those not downloaded.  I did go to content and devices and was able to deliver some.  I have left it most of the day, since this morning and it has only shown a relative few in all and the same in downloaded.  I hope it repopulates overnight, as I like having the entire kindle library at my fingertips when traveling.

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
I just manually updated my Voyage to 5.9.5.1 and it caused the voyage to loose all downloaded books as well as not showing those not downloaded.  I did go to content and devices and was able to deliver some.  I have left it most of the day, since this morning and it has only shown a relative few in all and the same in downloaded.  I hope it repopulates overnight, as I like having the entire kindle library at my fingertips when traveling.

I don't know about manually updating a Kindle but I do a factory reset at least once a year on my two Kindle. The reset removes my library and I have to download books again. I don't have all 2,847 books on my Kindle. I usually have two or three pages and remove the books as I read them. I am rarely where I don't have access to WiFi so my books are "at my fingertips". If I didn't have WiFi I'd spend the extra  and get cell data.

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »
Prior to this update it showed all the books that I had ever purchased under the all function, and only the ones available to be read in the library under downloaded, ie that I had actually downloaded them to the device.    Now only a small part of the ones I have purchased show under "all"    If I purchase a new book, and I tried a free one to see, it quickly shows up in "all", the same if I go to contents and devices and manually send a book to the voyage. 

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 04:50:47 AM »
I'd try a 'restart'. Even if it just updated and, in the process, did a restart, it's worth a try. With the update, the functionality shouldn't change in what 'all' and 'downloaded' shows.

That said, there have been times where an update changed the sorting order/method that I usually use. That might be worth checking. For example, if you have it on 'books' but also have a lot of non-amazon content (transferred via USB or sent wirelessly) that won't show -- those things are in 'docs'.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 07:09:42 AM »
I did a restart, and even went so far last night to redownload the update from amazon to my pc and reinstalled it.  It still only showed the relative few books, then after a while showed a few more and then stopped, and was the same this morning.   I went out for a walk, and just looked a few minutes ago and all of a sudden about half the books purchased  showed up in all.  I have absolutely nothing but kindle books on this voyage, never loaded anything else.   I use my pc and or iPad for other things.    I have no idea why it's going so slow, it was relatively quick prior to this.  I just hope it get's caught up today.   

I checked and it has plenty of memory or space left, so that's not a problem.

Online lindnet

• Redding, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 06:47:51 PM »
Did the update a couple days ago and turned the clock back on, thinking it was fixed by this.  Nope.  In fact, it was worse.  3 flashes instead of 2 when I turned the page at the same time that the clock was changing time.  I guess I didn't need the clock anyway.   :(
Linda