NetGalley

Author Topic: Connecting Paperwhite to Internet via a Mac's WiFi  (Read 510 times)  

Offline John Boyd

• Kawasaki, Japan
    • View Profile
Connecting Paperwhite to Internet via a Mac's WiFi
« on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:57 AM »
A few weeks ago I was able to download books to my Papwerwhite via my Mac's WiFi connection. Now my Paperwhite shows it's trying to connect in the menu bar but I can't get on--or at least I did twice, but only briefly before the connection broke.
I realize this may be more a Mac problem, but so far, I've had no luck on the Mac forum I use. So I'm hoping a reader here with a Mac may be able to suggest some ideas to try should they have encountered similar problems.
I have the Mac's WiFi turned on and Internet sharing turned on but no luck. I also have the Mac connected to the Internet via Ethernet and router, not WiFi.

Author and Frelance Writer
John Boyd | URL

Offline jobo132435

• View Profile
Re: Connecting Paperwhite to Internet via a Mac's WiFi
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:40 AM »
I haven't connected to a mac, but have to multiple of other hot spot devices and ut seem a relatively fool proof process! Turn on your hot spot, click on it on the kindle and enter password. You are using the correct password, always worth checking before you go further

There is a,rather obvious question of why if you have,a router and home internet, you don't just log on to that and not the mac?

Simple problem solving would suggest that you should log the kindle on to another connection and log another device on to the mac, to see which if either is giving the problem.

I'm aware that kindles don't work optimally on 5ghz WiFi, but they do work generaly, perhaps that is part of the issue?

What happens and what notifications occur when you try to connect

e
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:01:54 AM by jobo132435 »