Author Topic: An Author's Best Friend Author Services  (Read 464 times)  

Offline angie1977t

• View Profile
An Author's Best Friend Author Services
« on: March 17, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »
I'm a personal assistant and I specialize in book promotions.

Services: ads, book Bibles, audiobook proofing, proofreader, retweet groups, research for books, email setup/ management, takeovers, set-up & management of street teams, consulting, social media setup and management,  daily book promotions, retweet groups, tweeting and scheduling, sending promo items to blogs/ personal FB blogs, tour schedules, taking care of personal information/ documents, hourly assistance ($15 hr),

$25 a month per page/per account- Management of Facebook & Twitter accounts/pages (for FB-scheduling posts with pictures and book links, ads, researching ideal topics to post, improve your response time, check notifications and answer messages, I'll contact you if the message is important, invite friends to like page, get more likes by targeting the right audience)

Book Bibles: Book bibles are where you write down ALL the characters from their book, both main and secondary, their physical descriptions, ages, relation, single or married, appears in what book and their functions.You mark the timeline, date the book starts, any specific events in the book, i.e.weddings-deaths-births or dates that are important in your book. They get put on a Word Excel worksheet.

I also offer scheduling of tweets for Twitter. I can schedule up to 450 posts to go out daily, everyday. Prices vary depending on the amount of tweets you want scheduled daily.

Here's some information about retweet groups if you're interested. When doing these I will need to have your FB account and Twitter information. (email and passwords for both)
Information about retweet groups: https://goo.gl/mzvoGE

Contact me: An Author's Best Friend Author Services: https://www.facebook.com/anauthorsbestfriendauthorservices

Email: angie1977t@gmail.com **Subject Line: Need assistant, Book Promoter or Facebook Management**
I can provide and sign a Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Agreement and a list of employers for references if you need it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:59:27 PM by angie1977t »
Email: angie1977t@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/anauthorsbestfriendauthorservices/

Offline ShayneRutherford

• Toronto, Ontario
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: An Author's Best Friend Author Services
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:09:26 PM »
Bookmarking for future use. :)

Offline angie1977t

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »
I know your name, maybe from a newsletter or Facebook. I try to help writers as much as possible and I'm always willing to work with them. Thank you Shayne!

Offline Rosie Scott

• Cincinnati, Ohio
  • War. War never changes.
    • View Profile
    • Rosie Scott's Website
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »
Hi Angie! I have a question. Do you offer services to authors regarding GoodReads? You mention social media setup and management, but I only saw Facebook and Twitter mentioned. I'm mostly referring to things like adding new books to the author page (mine are never linked to the correct author), linking editions, requests to put books on a series page, etc. I wouldn't need monthly management of the account itself (like posting updates since my blog feed does that), but I'd be more than willing to pay your hourly rate to complete these things upon each book release.

I don't even know if this is something you do or would be interested in, but I've been searching for a service like this for a long while. I will also consider your other services for future use.  :)

Dystopian/sci-fi/fantasy. Writer of bloody warfare & witty banter. Provoker of questions.
Rosie Scott | Website | GoodReads | Release Mailing List

Offline angie1977t

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
I can take care of that as well. I usually don't mention GoodReads because clients that I have or have worked with in the past tell me they don't care for GoodReads. I still use them to check profiles for a writer I might like and adding to my TBR list. 

Offline Rosie Scott

• Cincinnati, Ohio
  • War. War never changes.
    • View Profile
    • Rosie Scott's Website
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »
Awesome! Actually, the fact that I hate GoodReads is why I was looking for such a service. I've been actively avoiding the website so my latest book isn't fully connected as it should be and I've been looking for someone like you to handle that so I don't have to.  :P

I'll bookmark this and contact you within a month or two when I'm preparing to publish again. Thank you!

Dystopian/sci-fi/fantasy. Writer of bloody warfare & witty banter. Provoker of questions.
Rosie Scott | Website | GoodReads | Release Mailing List

Offline ShayneRutherford

• Toronto, Ontario
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »
I know your name, maybe from a newsletter or Facebook. I try to help writers as much as possible and I'm always willing to work with them. Thank you Shayne!

I do cover design, so you might have seen someone mention me because of that.

And you're welcome. I hope I'll have need of your services one day soon. :)

Offline horsewisevt

• Poultney, VT
    • View Profile
    • TJ Muir: Epic Fantasy
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 02:09:14 PM »
How are you for helping with fb/ams ads?   specifically, building keyword lists for AMS, and perhaps polishing copy for Fb ads...? and lining up some reviewers?

Offline angie1977t

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »
I schedule book posts, share book posts, research ideal topics to post, check notifications and messages, notify the writer or business if they have an important message, improve response time and get more likes by targeting the right audience. I'm also trusted with important information like emails, passwords, and more.

Do you mean Amazon Marketing Service Ads? Are you talking about Facebook Paid Ads? This varies depending on the writer. I've had a few writers send me the money to take care of their ads for them but the majority of my clients don't buy ads and the ones that do take care of it themselves. I charge $25 a month to take care of FB pages but that doesn't include ads. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks!

One of the most important factors that will influence the success of your Amazon Marketing Services campaigns is the list of keywords that you are targeting in each one of your ads.

There are different ways to build a good keywords’ database. See below a few strategies that are specific to AMS. If you discover any other ways of getting keywords, please share it with us by leaving a comment below.

Keep in mind that with AMS, you need to take into account the user behaviour on Amazon – this means that queries/search terms that you may be using in Google AdWords, or any other platform outside Amazon, might not be suitable to use here.

Also, as Product Display ads can only be targeted based on interest, category or ASINs, you are only able to use keyword targeting with your Headline Search and Sponsored Products Ads.

How to get keywords for your AMS campaigns?
You can start by adding some of the suggested keywords that Amazon is recommending in AMS – you can see these after you get to the Add keywords and bids step – see all the steps in: How to create Headline Search Campaigns or How to create Sponsored Products Campaigns.

A second way of using AMS to get keywords is by using the functionality under Headline Search Campaigns. One of the steps of creating a HSA is adding search terms into a keywords’ box (you can also upload a spreadsheet). Only on this type of campaign you will also get recommendations based on the keywords that you are inputting.

The process is simple: Under Add keywords and bids: Add your own keywords, add a keyword> enter SPACE from your keyboard> you will get a list of recommended keywords from Amazon – I find this functionality extremely useful, especially after I already have a list of 10-20 search terms that I know that are efficient.

If you have no clue as to what keywords you should target, you could create a Sponsored Products and/or Product Display campaign and set them on Automatic targeting. After the campaign(s) have run for a couple of weeks , you will be able to download a campaign report where you will see what are the keywords that users searched for to get to your product,  and which keywords produced the most sales.

The advantage of Sponsored Products campaigns compared to Headline Search Ads, is that the campaign report that you can download is showing exactly what search terms users have used before clicking on your campaign. This report is also showing the results per individual keyword (including halo sales), so it is a great source to analyse the success of your campaigns (and to improve them). I also find this report useful to identify keywords that I shouldn’t be targeting. I do this by looking at all the search terms for which I got impressions and selecting those that are not relevant to my campaign. I am then adding these keywords as negative ones to my Sponsored Products campaigns.

To build your list of keywords, also use other keyword tools (e.g. AdWords), but keep in mind that Amazon is a product search engine, while Google is more an informational search engine. This means that keywords that might work with Google AdWords campaigns, might not work with Amazon. On Amazon, users are searching mostly for products (they are deep down in the purchase funnel – just about to buy the product), while on Google, users start by looking for information about the product. Translated into practice, a keyword like “SF best game” might be efficient for Google, but not for Amazon.

Lastly, if you have an Account Manager from Amazon, take advantage of him/her. They will be able to provide you with some help on keywords. Also, Amazon is always adding new features, so if they are telling you that they cannot help you at a specific moment, ask again in a little while. As a hint, Amazon UK, DE, ES, IT, and FR now have a keyword tool that they can use to identify user queries based on the ASINs that you are interested in.

A couple of tips to keep in mind:
Keep improving your list of keywords.
Add both phrase and exact search terms to your campaigns.
Use negative keywords with Sponsored Products Ads.
Manual targeting is more efficient than automatic targeting in terms of sales. In terms of getting impressions, the results are the other way around.
On a daily/weekly basis: monitor and optimise the search terms in your campaigns by pausing keywords, modifying bids, adding new terms.

Top five rules for writing truly effective Facebook ad copy.
1. Don’t try to be clever – just be clear.
How to Write Facebook Ad Copy that Gets Clicks

Pin
Tweet

How to write Facebook ad copy that gets the RIGHT people to click:
CLICK TO TWEET

System for ad writing:
Open up a Google Doc, a Word doc, Pages, TextEdit, or your word processor of choice. If you want to use classic tools like paper and pen, go wild.
If you’re like me and your attention span has been shot to hell by pretty much everything on the ol’ Internet, close everything else: tabs, windows, applications. The only thing I might leave open is my landing page for inspiration.
Open your favorite pomodoro timer like Tomatoes or Bolognesa. These timers are going to give you 25 minutes for you to focus, focus, focus. It may be tough to go that long, but here’s what I want you to do:
Write everything that comes into your head. Don’t stop until that timer goes off! If I can do it, you can do it.
“Um, write what? What should this ad copy say?”
Below you’ll find my top five rules for writing truly effective Facebook ad copy. You won’t use every single one of them in each piece of copy you write – you’ll see that it’s pretty hard to combine #4 and #5 (but not impossible). For each rule I’ll also give you an example so you can see some of these techniques in action. (Note: all of my examples aren’t necessarily from Facebook ads….but they could be because they really are that good).

1. Don’t try to be clever – just be clear.
2. Avoid all mention of your brand.
3. Speak directly to the right people.
4. Make it emotional.
5. Keep it ridiculously simple.

Improve your Facebook ads with customer reviews.
1: Choose the Right Review
In social advertising it’s vital to target the right people with the right message at the right time. If you want to use positive online reviews from your customers in Facebook ads, the first step is to find the right ones.

It’s preferable to share a review where the customer tells a personal story. For example, personal reviews such as, “I bought this game for my daughter’s birthday and she absolutely loves it,” have a greater impact than generic ones like, “It’s a great toy.”

The ecommerce store Pawstruck used customer reviews with great images and positive text in their Facebook ads.

When choosing reviews or any other type of user-generated content (UGC) for Facebook ads, also consider which stage in the buying cycle your customers are in. First-time visitors will need to see a different type of ad than people who are familiar with your store.

Ads that show top-selling products favorited by customers are great for attracting first-time customers, because they’re lured in with a specific item. This approach gets them interested in your brand, even if they’re not yet ready to buy.

After they’ve seen an ad, retarget them with authentic user reviews that deal more with your brand or site as a whole. Site reviews emphasize the authenticity and strength of your brand, not a specific product, so the reviews will reinforce that.

The bottom line is use product reviews to target first-time visitors and site reviews for people who already know your store.

2: Craft Compelling Copy
Content from users is the most powerful part of the Facebook ad for building trust, instilling social proof and encouraging new visitors to come to your store, but you should also pay attention to the ad copy.

Keep your brand voice consistent; don’t alter it to match a user’s review. Also, you don’t want to refer to UGC directly. For instance, when your copy says, “Check out this awesome review from our customer” or “Look at this great photo from one of our fans,” your copy seem salesy and forced.

The keys are to keep your text short and don’t refer to the review in your copy.

For a great example of how the ad should look, Perfect Locks does a fantastic job of combining short, snappy, on-brand copy with a personal experience review. The result is a super-effective ad.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:19:02 PM by angie1977t »

Offline mscusse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 09:58:13 PM »
Bookmarking for possible future use :)

Offline horsewisevt

• Poultney, VT
    • View Profile
    • TJ Muir: Epic Fantasy
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 05:13:01 PM »
wow- awesome info and response.  I just sent a private reply, also:)